View Full Version : Problem with Bluetooth - Help

ipaq38vette
02-03-2006, 10:55 PM
I am having a problem with my bluetooth radio on my old ipaq 3870; the radio has broken or something but I since this is not my primary PPC and I never use Bluetooth I don't want to spend the $ to get it fixed. However, whenever I turn on or reset my ipaq an error message pops up tiled "BTTrayCE - Bluetooth could not be correctly initialized". This is an annoyance and I was wondering if there was any way that I could disable the Bluetooth components of WM2003 like the systray icon and the error message, maybe through a tweak or something?

Janak Parekh
02-04-2006, 04:22 AM
I doubt it, but -- did you look to see if BTTrayCE is in the Startup group?

--janak

Menneisyys
02-04-2006, 02:25 PM
I was wondering if there was any way that I could disable the Bluetooth components of WM2003 like the systray icon and the error message, maybe through a tweak or something?

Sure you can. Go to \Windows\Startup with a file explorer and look for a BTTrayCE.lnk file. Just delete it from there.

BTW, this error seems to plague some iPAQ's, particularly some old iPAQ 1940 devices. With them, almost all suffered from some kind of a ROM failure. I don't think the cause is the same here: the problem may be related to the BT unit's being initialized only a bit later and not at boot /switch on time. Therefore, you may want to move the link file to somewhere else instead (for example, into \Windows\Start Menu\Programs) of deleting it and, at least some seconds after the boot / switching on, try to execute it by hand.