View Full Version : Adding Icons to botom of Today screen

jlc, just jlc
02-03-2006, 06:05 PM
I noticed PDANet adds a small icon on the bottom of the Today screen that lets you launch it from the Today screen; is there a way to add additional icons for otehr programs to the Today screen?

Nurhisham Hussein
02-04-2006, 02:32 PM
There're quite a few programs that can do this for your. The first that comes to mind is PHM Tray Launch, but unfortunately the website is still down at the moment (fire damage to the servers). The one I'm using currently is iLauncher from SBSH.

jlc, just jlc
02-04-2006, 08:51 PM
There're quite a few programs that can do this for your. The first that comes to mind is PHM Tray Launch, but unfortunately the website is still down at the moment (fire damage to the servers). The one I'm using currently is iLauncher from SBSH.

I'll check out PHM Tray Launch - I tried iLauncher and was notthat impressed.

Nurhisham Hussein
02-05-2006, 01:44 PM
iLauncher's really good - everything I've ever wished for from a program launcher, but it is overkill for what you want.

You might be able to get Tray Launch if someone's hosted offsite, but the main website is still down as of just now (and has been for the last three months). You haven't mentioned which PDA you have - be aware that Tray Launch is not compatible with WM5 machines, AFAIK.

pocketpcadmirer
02-06-2006, 05:32 AM
iLauncher's really good - everything I've ever wished for from a program launcher, but it is overkill for what you want.

You might be able to get Tray Launch if someone's hosted offsite, but the main website is still down as of just now (and has been for the last three months). You haven't mentioned which PDA you have - be aware that Tray Launch is not compatible with WM5 machines, AFAIK.

I agree with you. iLauncher is really a nice application. I used to be a user of it. It doesnt put stress on your ppc as other today plugins do. This is fairly light and I recommend you to give it a try. On the other hand, if you only want a tray-launcher, then, I think it would be a waste of money though :wink:

Sunny

kgb
02-11-2006, 06:46 PM
So I just got the 700w after having the i730 and love the increased one-handed operation. I downloaded a trial of iLauncher and the options are enormous, but seem to do everything I need.

Please tell me I'm missing an obvious setting because I cannot access the today screen icons of iLauncher without using a stylus?