View Full Version : When cradled, can I route audio to my PC speakers?

martin_ayton
02-01-2006, 11:16 AM
As a rule, I like to keep personal stuff off my work laptop. However, I do occasionally like to play music when I'm in my office. Usually I just get something playing over the speaker on my Xda2s while it is cradled, but the sound quality is somewhat lacking. Given that the Xda2s is cradled and connected via the cradle to my laptop, I'm wondering if I can route the audio to the laptop sound card? I know it would be easier to just transfer the files to the laptop and play them from there, but I'd like to avoid that. Any ideas?

GSmith
02-01-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm not aware of any Pocket PC device that has audio out on or through the cradle. The Pocket Loox 720 is the closest one, but you have to create a cable for it to do so.

Probably you're best bet is to stick an audio cable in your device and route to your desktop soundcard in (or--possibly--better yet, stereo).

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - Pocket PC *direct* RSS text, audio, video, podcasts
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

martin_ayton
02-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks Greg :) . I was hoping to avoid the extra cable and since there is no stereo streaming implemented in the BT stack on my Xda2s, I wondered if the streaming could be achieved via the cradle to USB port connector. Whilst accepting that a straight audio-out does not exist on the connector, my gut feel says that if it is possible to transfer data via the cable, it must be possible to stream audio data that way too. I guess it would take software on both the PC and the PPC to achieve this. Oh well <sigh> now where's that jack-to-jack stereo cable I had around here?