View Full Version : hot battery and power button not working

JesterMania
01-31-2006, 09:51 PM
I've purchased an HP iPAQ hx2790 and it's been running quite well, except for sometimes when I turn off the unit, I notice that after a while, the back of the unit (where the battery appears to be) is quite warm. During these times, the power button does not turn on the iPAQ anymore and I must do a soft-reset for the iPAQ to come on. I was wondering if someone can offer me some insight into what exactly is causing such a problem. Any help is always appreciated :D .

Locksmith
03-18-2006, 08:53 PM
I am experiencing the same problem. Have you found a solution? I suspect it has something to do with messaging looking to send an email.

yannickvillegas
03-20-2006, 04:52 PM
I've purchased an HP iPAQ hx2790 and it's been running quite well, except for sometimes when I turn off the unit, I notice that after a while, the back of the unit (where the battery appears to be) is quite warm. During these times, the power button does not turn on the iPAQ anymore and I must do a soft-reset for the iPAQ to come on. I was wondering if someone can offer me some insight into what exactly is causing such a problem. Any help is always appreciated :D .

I just got a 4795 and experience the same problems. :(

Locksmith
03-21-2006, 04:20 AM
Well, we don't seem to be getting a lot of expert help here, so I'll tell you what I tried that seems to work "so far".

First, I created a pop3 email account. It doesn't have to work, you just have to create one.

Then I deleted it.

Today, no problems!

Stay tuned!

Janak Parekh
03-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Sounds like the device "hung" while it was off. There's been some discussion about this, some people seem to have it while many don't. On some devices, SD cards may be causing this problem. You may find this thread on Aximsite to be informative (http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=112638), although whether or not it's the same problem you're having is difficult to tell.

Also, make sure you check out HP's website and make sure there are no ROM upgrades or patches for your device. Finally, if you still keep on having problems, track and see if you can find what initially "triggered" the problem.

--janak

Locksmith
03-22-2006, 06:23 AM
Well, it seems my fix, didn't. Droped 50% of my battery life while I wasn't looking.

Thanks Janak, I'll check that info out.