View Full Version : Axim x50v on WM2003 stalls on start-up

ames
01-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Hello all,
I still have my x50v on Windows 2003 - I own the upgrade, but I'l wait for the upgrade to the upgrade, thank you very much - but even on the fairly stable 2003, I'm starting to have a problem.

Now whenever I turn the PocketPC on, and click a button, it processes the first command, but then locks out all other commands for at least ten seconds. It feels for all the world like it's "frozen" and just needs to be reset, but it is just fine after ten seconds or so. I've already tried a hard reset to no avail. Even with no programs running it was still having the same problem.

Any thoughts?

Darius Wey
01-31-2006, 05:59 PM
I've already tried a hard reset to no avail. Even with no programs running it was still having the same problem.

Hmm, that eliminates anything software-related then. Now to look at your hardware configuration. Do you have any SD or CF cards in your device? Also, do you have Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth enabled when you turn on the device? If so, try having them off by default.

ames
01-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Darius, I'm sure you've heard this before, but you're a genius - it was one of the CF or SD cards for sure. Taking it out and putting it back in seems to have fixed it for good. What the *bleep* would cause this??

Thanks again,

Darius Wey
01-31-2006, 07:27 PM
It's probably your X50v having a one-off hernia trying to load the contents of the cards on start-up. If it's fixed for good, as you say, I wouldn't worry about it too much now. But, if the problem ever returns, try formatting your memory card. Installing the latest ROM (A05) (http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/type.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&SystemID=PDA_AXIM_X50&os=PPCA&osl=en&deviceid=7464) may also help.

pocketpcadmirer
01-31-2006, 07:45 PM
In addition to what Darius said, I would like to say that same thing happened to me a month ago and I did the same what the Darius explained to you. I copied all the stuff through my memory-card reader to my PC;formatted the sd-card and again copied the contents to it.

Sunny :)