View Full Version : i-mate JASJAR + MS Reader.......Activiation Problem

peteuk
01-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Hi

I have spent the morning trying to get my Jasjar and MS Reader to work together. I have followed the instructions to the letter but when I try to activate the Reader (lastest build) I get the message not recognising the OS.

Does anyone have any further advice for getting MS Reader activated on a JasJar or am I doomed to never reading another ebook from my collection?

thanks

pete

whydidnt
01-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Sounds like you are not the only one having this problem:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.pocketpc.ebooks&tid=046180c2-1eb9-483e-bcc6-691cd8ce4969&p=1

The link above takes you to a MS community. Their is a person their "Christine" that says she is with the MS Reader team and has been providing a patch file to those who are having this problem. It sounds like MS-Reader is looking for a file called OEM.inf and won't activiate it without it. If you ask in that group and provide details of your device she sends the file so you can activate. Give it a try and let us know if it works or not.

chrisah
01-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Sounds like you are not the only one having this problem:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.pocketpc.ebooks&tid=046180c2-1eb9-483e-bcc6-691cd8ce4969&p=1

The link above takes you to a MS community. Their is a person their "Christine" that says she is with the MS Reader team and has been providing a patch file to those who are having this problem. It sounds like MS-Reader is looking for a file called OEM.inf and won't activiate it without it. If you ask in that group and provide details of your device she sends the file so you can activate. Give it a try and let us know if it works or not.

The "Christine" that you speak of is me. I can provide the file (OEMinfo.xml) for anyone who is in need of it for now. We are working with the device manufacturers to get them to post the files for their devices on their website. Until such a time as this file is widely available you can secure the file from me by sending me an email at [email protected] with your device make and model. Alternately, you can also secure this file from an older device of the same manufacturer (any device pre- WM 5.0 should have it).

It is possible that this file may work on other devices other than the one that it was created for (e.g. an HP file on a I-mate jas jar) but that scenario has not fully been tested and it is not at this time supported.

Thank you,
Christine - Microsoft Reader Team