View Full Version : ListPro Power Users: How to store text notes?

Lex
01-28-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm using ListPro and don't want to buy another app. I'm putting short text notes in ListPro so I can categorize them among my lists. What's the best list design, a single 'Notes' column or a single 'Item' column? Thanks !

friedshrimp
01-29-2006, 01:19 PM
It's pretty much up to you. Since both "Item" and "Notes" accept all characters (letters and numbers) you can use either one. I would turn off all other columns (except maybe the check if you want to check off the note after completion but not delete the note) and widen the column to the end of the screen giving you the most writing room per line. Any column is sortbable ascending or descending and it will use the first letter of the note or item to sort on. Not sure of character legnth allowed on items, so play with it to see which column will give you the most characters to write in. Hope this helps?!? :drinking:

Lex
01-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks F.S. I've already noticed the 'Notes' field is easier to re-edit in. If you do an 'enter' command within an 'Item' field to create more space it closes the text editor.

ctmagnus
01-30-2006, 12:48 AM
I have a few lists with just the Notes field. The first line of text is what shows up in list view, so that's one less field to deal with.