View Full Version : Windows Media 10 Help

sarcasmo2k5
01-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Hi, I've been having some trouble with the music on my ppc. When I start up the Windows Media and start browsing my songs, for a select few, the albums are split into two seperate ones. For instance, I've got some Dane Cook on my computer; I put it on the PPC and it splits each disc (it's a two disc-er) into 2 albums for a total of 4. If anyone has any info on how to fix this, let me know. I've already tried syncing through the desktop WMP and through just dragging it on.
Thanks,
Ryan Donnelly

Darius Wey
01-28-2006, 04:45 AM
Open the album up in Windows Media Player on your desktop, select all the tracks, and then click Advanced Tag Editor. Some key things you will want to ensure:

• The Artist and AlbumArtist fields are uniform across all tracks (unless you're dealing with a compilation CD).

• The Album field is uniform across all tracks.

Once you've done all that, sync the tracks over to your Pocket PC again, update your Windows Media Player Mobile library, and see if the problem is fixed. If not, let me know. :)

sarcasmo2k5
01-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the tips, but sadly, my problem still occurs.
If you have anything else, I'd be more than happy to give it a try.
Thanks,
Ryan Donnelly

Darius Wey
01-29-2006, 03:17 AM
Hmmm. Usually, AlbumArtist is the biggest cause of unwanted duplicate album entries. Check this page (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/howto/fix_duplicates_how_to.aspx) and see if the solutions provided are of any help.

You may have to let Windows Media Player fetch the Album Info for you.

Don't Panic!
01-29-2006, 03:03 PM
That's really weird editing the tags should have fixed that. Which program did you rip your CD with?