View Full Version : PPC-6700 and Windows Media...

code-frog
01-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Something from my PPC-6700 is starting wmplayer and I'd like to know what and who to turn it off. Any ideas? DOH!!! What I mean is when I dock it something activesync does is starting wmplayer. I hate crap like this how do I see what programs the sync is starting? More importantly how can I stop that...???

- Rex

Darius Wey
01-27-2006, 04:47 AM
Do you mind listing the programs you have installed on your Pocket PC as well as the particular data you have set to sync over ActiveSync (e.g. Calendar, Contacts, etc.)?

code-frog
01-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Darius,

See my most recent post in this forum about ZoneAlarm and the PPC-6700 it resolved my current issue.

BTW, you have the coolest avatar. I've always liked it.

Darius Wey
01-28-2006, 04:57 AM
See my most recent post in this forum about ZoneAlarm and the PPC-6700 it resolved my current issue.

Ah, the good ol' firewall issues. Microsoft identified them (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/activesync/default.mspx) when ActiveSync 4.0 was first released. The release of ActiveSync 4.1 did solve a few of them, but not all. Glad to see you got it working in the end.

BTW, you have the coolest avatar. I've always liked it.

Thanks. :)

code-frog
01-28-2006, 05:04 AM
Ah, the good ol' firewall issues.

Yeah, I wasn't even thinking firewall. This is the first smart phone I've had. My X30 never had issues but I think it was only using 3.8.