View Full Version : Mike Calligaro's Freeware Helper Applications

Jonathon Watkins
01-26-2006, 08:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/archive/2006/01/11/511660.aspx' target='_blank'>http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile.../11/511660.aspx</a><br /><br /></div>". . .[F]aced with no new video games, wet skateparks, and extra time on my hands, I did what any computer guy would do. I wrote code. No, not code for work. . . I wrote things I wanted for my own PocketPC and Smartphone . . .<br /><br /><b>ToggleBth</b>: A quick little app that flips Bluetooth from on to off and from off to on. <br /><b>CincoSP</b>: This is an addictive little text game that's kind of a cross between Hangman and Mastermind. <br /><b>RPNCalc</b>: This is a scientific calculator in the HP "Reverse Polish Notation" style"<br /><br />Mike Calligaro over at the Windows Mobile Team Blog obviously does not know the meaning of 'relax', or understands it differently from most of us. Still who are we to complain when his 'holiday' results in useful free software for us? Cheers Mike. :D

code-frog
01-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Mike Calligaro over at the Windows Mobile Team Blog obviously does not know the meaning of 'relax', or understands it differently from most of us.:D

MMMMM!

Yeah, there's nothing I'd rather be doing to relax than cutting code. Cutting code is my drug of choice. Man I can so relate to Mike. :lol:

Darius Wey
01-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Yeah, there's nothing I'd rather be doing to relax than cutting code. Cutting code is my drug of choice. Man I can so relate to Mike. :lol:

Actually, I'm with you too. I like to tinker with code when I'm bored. Of course, when things don't work out, the effect is explosive. 8)

code-frog
01-26-2006, 07:51 PM
Of course, when things don't work out, the effect is explosive. 8)

Yes but by then the rain probably stopped, the skate park opened back up or your new ski's just finished being built and you can go distract yourself while you background the process. Then after the distraction (or it's raining again, or the skatepark closed again) you sit back down and suddenly a solution just unwinds right from your fingertips.

Voila! Code is a beautiful thing. Anything that can be debugged by extreme sports has to be worth doing for a living. :lol:

Jonathon Watkins
01-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Oooookay. Currently I'm in the minority here with my thoughts on relaxation. :lol: Any 'normal' folks care to weigh in on the subject? :wink:

code-frog
01-26-2006, 08:58 PM
:oops: Well, what can I say? :D I love programming and I hijacked your thread. :oops:

I did enjoy the links though. :devilboy: To bad I'm too outspoken. I'll leave your thread alone now. :lol:

Jonathon Watkins
01-26-2006, 09:19 PM
:oops: Well, what can I say? :D I love programming and I hijacked your thread. :oops:

I did enjoy the links though. :devilboy: To bad I'm too outspoken. I'll leave your thread alone now. :lol:

It's OK. You are on topic actually. :wink: