View Full Version : x51v Wakes up and stays on

beckp
01-24-2006, 03:41 PM
I put my x51v on a charger each night and sometime (not always) in the morning the unit is on and has probably been for some time as it's warm. Is there a trick to stop it from waking up when powered off?

Sven Johannsen
01-24-2006, 04:32 PM
You can't stop it from waking up, but there is a setting that will shut it back off after a period of time when on external power...assuming no activity. The catch is that AS is activity, so if it is sitting on the cradle, and connects when it turns on, it'll stay on. Only easy option, I think, is to just connect power for overnight.

beckp
01-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Well it's not on the cradle overnight but rather just on AC power. I think I have my settings to stay on all the time, I had it that way because I use the PPC as my GPS device also and while in the car, on car adaptor I don't want it turning off on me. I guess I'm perhaps interpreting the settings wrong. I thought the turning off was triggered by screen touching but If I read between the lines as what you are saying that a program running will keep it turn on no matter how long it's been since touching the screen.

Sven Johannsen
01-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Well it's not on the cradle overnight but rather just on AC power. I think I have my settings to stay on all the time, I had it that way because I use the PPC as my GPS device also and while in the car, on car adaptor I don't want it turning off on me. I guess I'm perhaps interpreting the settings wrong. I thought the turning off was triggered by screen touching but If I read between the lines as what you are saying that a program running will keep it turn on no matter how long it's been since touching the screen.

Depends on the program. Likely your GPS software won't be seen as activity, like touching the screen or a button. Some GPS programs have a setting that will keep the PPC active. Mapopolis has one, regardless of how your power settings are set. Typically AS connectivity is seen as activity. If you you are just on AC, changing the Power off after so many minutes on external power will shut it back off after normal houskeeping wakes it up.

You then would need to figure out something for your GPS use.