View Full Version : Questions about Genio 550

DRB2006
01-24-2006, 01:35 PM
I've tried two PPC's in the past (I'm a Palm user) and didn't like the transition. I've become a more detailed user of Outlook and the Palm isn't getting it done for me anymore. I'm interested again in the PPC. I'd rather get a used one to make sure that I'll be happy. I'm obsessing about the Toshiba 550 Genio. This may be a stupid question but will it be able to play MP3's from both card slots. Also are their cards that won't work with this unit? Anyother resources or comments on this device would be greatly appreciated. It looks like I could get one for a relatively inexpensive investment. Also interested in the e400/405 or Viewsonic V36.

Thanks in advance for your help

dannywho
03-07-2006, 10:53 AM
I personally love my Genio e550G. The major problem is that it was distributed by Audiovox and they don't support it as far as I can tell.

Toshiba is hands off, too bad, this was one great little pda.
If you have any questions mail me back privatly.

I think i would look into something more mainstreem or popular, read the posts around the net.
Talk to people using a pda, its a great icebreaker.

Dan
06-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Wonder if anyone can help with a question
regarding the backup battery for the 550g.

I have two and although they both show
up in the power section, I have never
known the backup to do anything -- or
so it seems -- it always shows fully charged,
but the 550g will shut off after the MAIN
batt is exhausted, seemingly without using
any of the backup batt.

Thanks

I personally love my Genio e550G. The major problem is that it was distributed by Audiovox and they don't support it as far as I can tell.

Toshiba is hands off, too bad, this was one great little pda.
If you have any questions mail me back privatly.

I think i would look into something more mainstreem or popular, read the posts around the net.
Talk to people using a pda, its a great icebreaker.

Nurhisham Hussein
06-21-2006, 01:32 AM
Unlike the main battery (which is LiIon), the backup battery is NiMH - it'll never hold a charge past a year or two. It might show 100% charge, but 100% of nothing is still nothing.