View Full Version : WisBar alternative

vivanov
01-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Hello,

Recently I got a Qtek 9100 and immediately started shopping for software. For a task manager I bought WisBar Advance 2 which looked greated but later I realized it made the phone go in a "No Service" mode for some reason. I tried fiddliing with it but failed and had to ditch the WisBar.

What is the best alternative to the WisBar?

Thanks,

Darius Wey
01-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts. :)

If all you want is a task manager without all the graphical whiz-bang of WisBar Advance, then you might want to try Magic Button. It's free.

http://www.trancreative.com/mb.aspx

haesslich
01-22-2006, 07:51 PM
If you want a skinning program, there's no real alternative at the moment, since Dashboard 3's still undergoing some heavy beta-testing and most of the modules are missing at the moment... and it doesn't do tasks too well, IIRC. Otherwise, MagicButton's your best bet - although have you tried the .19 or .20 builds of Wisbar Advance 2?

pocketpcadmirer
01-23-2006, 06:38 PM
I realized it made the phone go in a "No Service" mode for some reason. I tried fiddliing with it but failed and had to ditch the WisBar.

Can you confirm me, whether your phone works 'ok' when you are not using wisbar ?? I never had such a problem using wisbar(and I'm using a pocket pc phone edition too)

Sunny