View Full Version : Is there the future for flash websites???? Hope not

q-live
01-22-2006, 05:33 AM
I hadnt been in a while but went to spiketv.com to find out something about ufc show and i notice they re did the site since i last been there IN FLASH (WHICH I LOVE), now here is when it gets agrevating. At the bottem right of the screen there is a video player there that just constantly plays video even if you dont click on a link. ITS DAM COMERCIALS..... THIS IS MY THING... I SEE ENOUGH COMERCIALS AT HOME AND DONT WANT TO SEE THEM WHILE IM SURFING A DAM SITE... PERIOD. Now it gets worst, everytime you click on a link at the top of the page just before the page comes up for the regular page a dam advertisment page pops up real quick THEN your page comes up. Please tell me the future of flash is not gonna be used for these evil purposes

Janak Parekh
01-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Er... flash is just a tool, and it will be used for nearly anything and everything. This kind of advertising has existed for quite some time. It's up to readers to pressure content creators not to do this.

--janak

pocketpcadmirer
01-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Well, everything in this world has its pros and cons. You have highlightened the cons side only. In reality, Flash has done miracles in many fields(like presentation, websites etc)

I'm a web-designer and I've designed many intro's of websites. I have made them in Flash and they look pretty cool.

At college, I give my presentations in Flash and not like the 'plain' powerpoint stuff. I want to be different and more professional. Flash has raised a lot of 'oohs' and 'aahs' by my teachers and friends(GFs are impressed too :wink: )

Sunny