View Full Version : How To: Bluetooth DUN on Verizon XV6700:

globaloffice
01-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Standard disclaimers apply, I've successfully tested this here between a day old 6700 and a Toshiba Qosmio G25 laptop. Laptop detects the phone as a standard 33.6 baud modem but handshakes at 112k. I haven't tested actual througput speeds but have verified it connects. I'm on a 1xRTT at home so if someone could test on EVDO I'd appreciate. I don't have a Sprint PPC6700, so if someone does and wants to try I'd appreciate that input. Since the dialer application is different on the two phones it may or may not interface programatically.

1. Go to the PHONE application
2. Dial ##3328873 Press Send
3. enter code 000000
4. Select BT DUN
5. Click Edit
6. Choose enable
7. Push Save / OK
8. Push Ok
9. Follow the prompt to restart your device

I'll add to this as I find new things.. I've actually figured out how to install a complete BT Stack on the device and get printer and audio streaming also, but it's causing MS Voice Command to crash on reset and button actuation. That's the next item on attack list tho..

The BT fix is for the native stack and will work with nothing more than the instructions, so no fancy hacks.

Hope this helps someone..

-Roger

ssbands04
01-22-2006, 09:49 PM
I did this and It all went through.........But, Where do I go to use the modem application??????// Also, I enabled, WModem. What is that?

Thanks

Jacob

ssbands04
01-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Actually, I forgot to ask this.....Will this also let me use as a modem over USB? I don't have bluetooth on my desktop, but will have it in my MacBook Pro....Can you explain how to dial up on a Windows PC with this stuff enabled?

ssbands04
01-22-2006, 10:29 PM
I got it to come up as a network connection on my computer, but I can't access the internet....can you explain whta exactly you did?

globaloffice
01-23-2006, 04:01 PM
I did this and It all went through.........But, Where do I go to use the modem application??????// Also, I enabled, WModem. What is that?

wmodem will allow you to tether using USB.

Rather thanb duplicating a lot of typing, pretty much everything for files and debugging is here where we've been working on it:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=827559

Regards,
Roger

bobosoft
01-26-2006, 08:06 AM
I live in an EV-DO service area and got the bluetooth modem working according to your instructions. Unfortunately it is slow. Connecting via usb I get 460k down and 63k up (not bad, I am on the edge of the EV-DO service area and have a weak EV signal.) When I connect via bluetooth I get 113k down and 62k up. I think the laptop I am using (Sony T270) comes with bluetooth version 1.1. It is possible that 1.2 would enable a faster connection.

yellowdemon
02-01-2006, 03:27 AM
Is this safe to do- is Verizon going to catch you, or is this allowed?

harlie
03-21-2006, 07:36 AM
Hi Roger,
I'll add to this as I find new things.. I've actually figured out how to install a complete BT Stack on the device and get printer and audio streaming also, but it's causing MS Voice Command to crash on reset and button actuation. That's the next item on attack list tho..

The BT fix is for the native stack and will work with nothing more than the instructions, so no fancy hacks.

Had any luck with BT stack "bug"?
I was hopin you can post what you did to "install complete BT Stack.....audio steaming also"....
Will this allow us to use BT headset for listening to music in stereo? Looking at Plantronics Pulsar 590 Cordless headset, but read some thing about needing A2DP, not sure if xv6700 has A2DP???
Also does xv6700 uses "Widcomm/Broardcomm stack" or "Microsoft stack"???
Also using MS Voice Command, not the greatest - typical MS.
Thanks for any info you or any body can share.
Arlie