View Full Version : Another one who needs Palm to PPC software equivalents

SharronLambert
01-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Anyone out there know if PPC equivalents are available for Bonsai (outliner), BackupMan, Diet Diary, Textmaster, and Splashmoney? I'm dying for Bonsai and Splashmoney!!!

I've tried ListPro, and I used to use Checklister XP, but I have not found an outliner as feature-rich as Bonsai. And I have not found a money management/checkbook program that is as easy to use and has everything I want (recurring transactions with reminders, budgets, filtered views, reports) like Splashmoney.

NewfiYank
01-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Theres a program called StyleTap that you can put on pocket pc so you can use palm apps. Its great.

Guest979
01-22-2006, 07:21 AM
I'm not too sure about the others, but for backup software, some iPaqs come with it, but if you have a PPC that didn't, there are many options, including Sprite Backup (I think iPaq Backup is a Lite version of that) and the forthcoming Spb Backup.

SharronLambert
01-22-2006, 11:40 PM
NewfiYank, thanks for the StyleTap info. Seems like a winner, but too bad there is no support for the Treo 700w currently (can't see all items on the screen). They said to check back, as they are working on this.

Guest979, my IPAQ does come with backup software, but I also have a Treo 700w that does not include backup software. I will look for Sprite Backup now. Thanks a bunch.

Guest979
01-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Found a link (http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=18751), but just discovered that Sprite is not WM5 compatible.

I've been testing a late beta/release candidate of Spb Backup and it is quite mixed - interesting features and pretty simple to use, but it seems very buggy right now. I don't have WM5, so I can't comment on that.

SharronLambert
01-23-2006, 07:29 PM
I was wondering about that. I noticed there was no trial version, so I was not going to buy it without knowing if it was compatible. I was about to ask if anyone knew. Thanks!