View Full Version : Tombo users: Anyone ever lose data while moving items around?

Lex
01-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Using Tombo (the heirarchical notes organizer). Needed to move some files and folders to other locations on the 'tree'. All folders & files froze and tapping the + next to folders would not make them open. Double-tapping files would not open them. Suddenly 3 folders and their contents disappeared just by tapping the screen. I posted at the Tombo forum and EM'd the developer - - no responses yet.

coolabah
01-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Using Tombo (the heirarchical notes organizer). Needed to move some files and folders to other locations on the 'tree'. All folders & files froze and tapping the + next to folders would not make them open. Double-tapping files would not open them. Suddenly 3 folders and their contents disappeared just by tapping the screen. I posted at the Tombo forum and EM'd the developer - - no responses yet.

Wow sorry to hear that. FWIW I've been using Tombo extensively and heavily for close to 12 months without even a hickup.
Apologies if you already know this, otherwise just a thought, assuming error is on your PPC otherwise switch the logic:
If you sync your device though you should have an unblemished copy provided you haven't synced yet ie on your desktop - in which case back up to another directory,sync, copy back to overwrite synced version on desktop then re-sync to your device --or various other permutations of this procedure according to how you usually work.........otherwise do you have a backup somewhere??

Lex
01-20-2006, 02:58 AM
Thanks coolabah. I'm in good shape b.c. I use Sprite Backup daily. Did a restore immediately and got everything back and there have been no more problems all week. I just want to trust Tombo because the night before the bug bit I spent 3 hours moving notes from PWord and PNotes into Tombo and I want to use it. Free is good, Tombo has to work ! It's reassuring you had good experience with it. I'm staying with it for now.