View Full Version : Yet Another X30 Sync over WiFi Problem

MQMan
01-19-2006, 07:42 PM
OK, got my X30 set up using WiFi connecting to my home network. I can surf using IE without problems. But I can't get ActiveSync to work. When I tap "Sync", I get a "Connecting" message on the X30, plus, ActiveSync on my desktop also wakes up, and it says "Connecting". But that's as far as it gets. I never get to "Connected". I can Sync without problem through the cradle.

The WiFi is set up to use the "Work" profile.

Any ideas how I get the connection to complete.

Cheers,

Nurhisham Hussein
01-20-2006, 01:16 AM
First off, which version of AS do you have? As you're not using WM5, AS 3.8 is recommended. Second, make sure that the Network and RAS checkbox is ticked in AS' connection settings. Third, create a blank connection profile on your Axim and try that. I've found that helps sometimes, though it creates a problem in managing connection profiles as they have to be manually changed. I've got six depending on location and connection type.

MQMan
01-20-2006, 02:10 AM
It's AS 3.8, as the RAS checkbox is already checked.

Cheers

MQMan
01-20-2006, 08:59 PM
OK, it turned out to be the Wlan Power Management that was causing this. I had to turn it off. Which I had actually tried before, but it seems it doesn't "take" completely unless you also "soft reset" as well. :evil:

This was causing other problems with Terminal Services and also, the device "semi waking" up on a regular basis, where the screen was still off, but the wireless LED was flashing.

Cheers.