View Full Version : best alarm?

rim
01-18-2006, 01:02 AM
Hey,

I haven't found any discussions about alarms...

What alarm do you use? Which one is the best and why?

Thanks--

Don't Panic!
01-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Find something really annoying to serve as an alarm sound. I posted my 12 gauge double barrel shotgun alarm on Brighthand and Pocket PC Passion but alas the internet is ethereal. <sighs> The souce was one of "The Evil Dead" movies but I left out Bruce Campbell's voice.

I bet you could probably find something annoying from his Jack of All Trades TV series.

Use your PCs free Sound Recorder program to edit and loop your annoying .wav sound a few times and increase the volume a bit for maximum effect.

Constant Caffeine
01-18-2006, 05:17 PM
I've been using an application called Alarm Mix. I found it a year or so ago on tucows.

Mirrebex
01-19-2006, 05:04 PM
dude.. there´s like.. 200 topics about alarms here.. and i´ve participated on all of them.. and the best alarm i found is alarmtoday v2.30 from www.pocketmax.net, it works with wav, mp3 and all that ****.. ... i know its not free.. but theres aways <URL removed>

*** URL removed by DW. ***

nategesner
01-25-2006, 08:17 PM
There's a music player called MortPlayer that does a pretty good job of playing music, but it also has an alarm feature that will wake you up to music. You can even set the sleep function to play music for a set number of minutes and then turn off after you've fallen asleep.

It's free, easy to use, skinnable, and well supported by the maker.