View Full Version : $399 for both NEW Verizon customer or Loyal customer upgrading.....

paulchiu
01-17-2006, 08:13 AM
I have been an 8 year Verizon wireless customer, but was told that I won't be getting that "2 year new phone or $100 off" rebate for loyal customers who upgrade their phones.

As it turns out, even a new customer can get the 700W Treo at $399, which is the same "best" price that a long term Verizon customer can get.

Sounds unfair. Any of you with any luck getting the 7700W for less than $399?

Paul

MancusoA
01-17-2006, 05:29 PM
I've been trying to get the Samsung i730, and have had similar problems. In my case, the price online was lower than in the store (but did not indicate that it was a promotional price); I was told I could not receive that price and the NE2 discount. A week and several e-mails later, and I've been told I can (no reason given).

Interestingly, on Verizon's Web site the 700w is listed as $500 for new customers and $400 if you choose the "Upgrade My Phone" option when signed into your account. So there are definitely some discrepancies between store and online prices, if new customers are getting it for $400. I did receive this e-mail from a Verizon employee:
"You can purchase any phone in the store at promotional price and also redeem your new every two $100 credit. Online promotions may vary from those in the store. Certain onine promotions may not be available to customers upgrading their contract or redeeming their new every two credit. Hope this helps!"
That sounds like, at least if you go to a store, you should be able to get the 700w for whatever the new customers are paying, minus the NE2 discount. Maybe I'm misunderstanding...

I just realized -- are they getting the $400 price by getting the data plan? If I remember correctly, you get $100 off if you get the $45/mo. data plan; but I've been told that you cannot receive both that discount and NE2.

Sorry for the long post; hope it helps.

paulchiu
01-17-2006, 05:36 PM
MancusoA,
The slight difference is this. If you walk into the store as a new customer, you can get the 700w at 499 with a 2 year data plan. If you are a NE2 customer, then -100 at 399 and you can choose not to be on a data plan and only a voice plan. Sounded dumb as why on earth would you want the 700w voice only.

If you call the Biz or online sales option, then any new customer can get the 399 with 2 year data deal. Here, it matters not you're qualify for NE2 or not.

I called again this morning at the Biz line and requested to talk to a higher level district mgr but one could not be reached and again another sales person could not give me 399-100 or 299 for the 700w.

I may have to keep this 700w at 399 after all.

globaloffice
01-17-2006, 08:06 PM

If it'll make you feel better about it I paid $619 for mine...

-Roger

paulchiu
01-17-2006, 08:10 PM

If it'll make you feel better about it I paid $619 for mine...

-Roger

Which network Roger?

Is this mainly for web use?

Thanks,
Paul

mpaque
01-17-2006, 08:38 PM
I paid $549 for mine as a new Verizon customer. The price would have been $399 had I agreeed to a 2 year contract, but I just can't make that kind of commitment :D The Verizon rep said that a 2 year contract gets you $50 off the regular price and then $100 more if you get unlimited data AND a 2 year contract.

globaloffice
01-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Which network Roger?

Is this mainly for web use?

Verizon. I wasn't in the window for NE2, and already had a data plan. So effectively that meant I paid full retail.

That said, I may play games with Verizon. I have a Nationwide Share plan with 5 lines on it which is the max they'll allow. Just bought a Suburban with On-Star and to put that on the Verizon share plan I may roll my line off onto a new plan and put the Treo onto a new plan by itself if they'll give me the $399 price.

I've been with them since bag phones and Bell Atlantic, and I can't get a break either. You'd think $4-500 a month Verizon bill would pack some weight... NOT!
-Roger