View Full Version : Activesnyc: Two devices, one PC

snicker
01-16-2006, 11:40 PM
I'm in a bit of a synching delima. My wife uses a Sprint PPC-6700 WM5 device and I use a Samsing i600 Smartphone. We use one PC and have both phones connected to it via USB and we use Outlook 2003 as our email client.

We have two different Outlook profiles setup, one for me and one for my wife. When we check our mail we fire up Outlook and then select the profile we want to check.

The problem with Activesync is you can't tell it what Outlook profile to sync with. If I have Outlook closed and I connect my wife's phone it will attempt to sync and prompt me to select an Outlook profile. That is all fine but if I have Outlook open checking my email and I connect my wife's phone it doesn't prompt me to select a profile, it tries to use my email which is already open causing all sorts of problems.

Is there any easier way to do this? I need ideas on how to better organize/sync two PDAs using one computer. Thanks!

Sven Johannsen
01-17-2006, 04:32 PM
I think you've about covered it, short of getting your wife her own PC. There isn't the capability in AS to recognize a particular profile, so what is up, is it. Only reason you get prompted for the profile if Outlook is not running is because Outlook does that when it starts.