View Full Version : Site comparisons: PocketPCThoughts vs. Aximsite

tregnier
01-16-2006, 02:08 PM
When I bought a Dell Axim X51v, I checked out what sites might be product-specific and I found Aximsite.com. It has 117,000 registered subscribers! There are several thousand posts every day. When I have a problem, I look here first to see if someone else has already posted problem/solution. I can often find the answer.

HOWEVER, if I don't find a solution already posted and I create a new thread, I find that I often don't get a response or satisfactory response. I think that there's so much stuff churning through the site that most of the stuff just gets passed by unless there is a very interesting thread title.

ON THE OTHER HAND, this site always helps me. When I've posted an issue/question, I have ALWAYS received a response that was helpful. I think the smaller number of posts, the wider range of experience with PDA's (not the Dell great unwashed), and the stronger sense of community are tremendous assets. I have posted the same question on both sites a couple of times and I've been rewarded by PPC Thoughts replies.

Just my experience... :D

Jon Westfall
01-16-2006, 06:33 PM
As you've seen, more users does not equal more HELPFUL users ;) Glad you're happy here.

pocketpcadmirer
01-16-2006, 06:55 PM
I fully agree with sir Jon Westfall. Lots of replies does not make a site a 'good' site. Quality replies matter the most. I've been to Aximsite too, but, I love the atmosphere of this community more :D

Sunny

Don't Panic!
01-16-2006, 08:07 PM
"The Great Dell Unwashed"
Catchy phrase, I like that. :roll:

It's all the Pocket PC community tregnier. I'm glad you found a corner you like though. :olympic:

Menneisyys
01-17-2006, 09:07 AM
HOWEVER, if I don't find a solution already posted and I create a new thread, I find that I often don't get a response or satisfactory response. I think that there's so much stuff churning through the site that most of the stuff just gets passed by unless there is a very interesting thread title.

Yup, the number of new threads/posts makes it pretty hard to review all new questions at Aximsite. For example, when there're new/updated threads more than 20-30 in a specific forum, I only read the first 10-20 - just don't have enough time for more. Here, where there're less new threads, I (at least try to) read all new/updated threads and, therefore, am likely to answer them too. A lot of other users may also have the same experience.