View Full Version : Are we the only one to have a bad experience with Pocketland.de ?

The PocketTV Team
01-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Are we the only one to have a really bad experience with Pocketland.de ?

They refuse to re-sell our products and they give use all sort of raisons that don't make much sense. They seem to be worse than Handango in the way they deal with developers. Hard to imagine, yes.

Has anyone used them to re-sell their Pocket PC apps in Europe?

What is your experience with those guys?

On the other hand, we found www.mobihand.com very helpful (new vendor, not a big sales volume yet, but nice people, no problem with them). And of course Motricity/PocketGear has always been nice with us, too.

I find is really strange when a software reseller basically gives a bad rap to the developers, which are the source of their business, since without us, they would have nothing to sell.

What do you think of Pocketland.de ? (that is, if you had some contact with them)

ctitanic
02-25-2006, 03:40 PM
I have been using them for many year already. No problem so far.

marathon332
02-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Also had a lot of problems with PocketLand.de.

They're very controlling and uncommunicative. They disable products without telling you and when you try to find out what the issues are, they ignore your emails. The only good thing was that they sent my royalties in a timely fashion but they get very low marks for developer relations. We stopped submitting to them for that reason.

On the other hand, I have nothing but good things to say about PocketGear.com We've had issues but everytime we've dealt with them they resolve the issues and really listen to your concerns. They're excellent!

Handango is just so-so in terms of developer support. They send out lots of developer surveys, but when you try to contact them, they tend to ignore you for some reason. I think they try to act like they listen, but the reality is the opposite. (IMHO)

Others may have different stories but that's been my experience after about 18 months.

--Steve

ctitanic
02-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Their communication is not so good. That's true.

juni
02-28-2006, 06:55 AM
Handango also tends to delay payments from time to time. (Why does it concern me if they have a big turn-around in their accounting department?)

The PocketTV Team
02-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Also had a lot of problems with PocketLand.de.

They're very controlling and uncommunicative. They disable products without telling you and when you try to find out what the issues are, they ignore your emails. The only good thing was that they sent my royalties in a timely fashion but they get very low marks for developer relations. We stopped submitting to them for that reason.

Yes, "controlling and uncommunicative" are the correct adjectives. One of the PocketLand.de staff visited us and we tried to explain to them that their approach to business was having a negative impact on everyone, i.e. themself, the developers and the customers. But they still haven't gotten back to us, and have not re-activated our products.

On the other hand, I have nothing but good things to say about PocketGear.com We've had issues but everytime we've dealt with them they resolve the issues and really listen to your concerns. They're excellent!

Yes, PocketGear are excellent, they have bent backward to help us resolved some of our problems, too, and I completele recommend them. We have excellent relations with them.

Also the same goes for MobiHand.com , a new vendor company but with excellent contact and support for developers. I recommend them too, even though they are still small.

Handango is just so-so in terms of developer support. They send out lots of developer surveys, but when you try to contact them, they tend to ignore you for some reason. I think they try to act like they listen, but the reality is the opposite. (IMHO)

Yes, agreed. I stopped answering their developer's survey - mostly because i would mostly give them bad grades, and i don't want to waste my time even more, i waste already enough time with them. it is very difficult to communicate with handango, and they are incredibly slow at fixing problems. even a simple update on a product page takes at least 24 hours to appear on their website.

the latest thing we found on handango is that when no category is set for a product, the product does not appear in their catalog, even if you search the product by name. to me it is a bug, but they told us that it was by design. the worst part is that some of our product lost their category when handango re-organized the smartphone category tree several months ago. so those product disapeared completely from the catalog without us knowing. so make sure to check frequently that your products appear in the handango catalog!

ctitanic
02-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Yes, agreed. I stopped answering their developer's survey - mostly because i would mostly give them bad grades, and i don't want to waste my time even more, i waste already enough time with them. it is very difficult to communicate with handango, and they are incredibly slow at fixing problems. even a simple update on a product page takes at least 24 hours to appear on their website.

100 % agree... and on top of that, they are asking for the higher % commission.

exosyphen
04-22-2006, 05:24 PM
I also had some bad experience with PocketLand.
When I requested my cheque for my royalties, they kept replying that I should wait more, so that I pay less fees to my bank for cashing the cheque (compared to it's amount) and so on ...

After 4-5 emails, and having to SHOUT at them to send me the cheque ... I eventually got it.

I pulled off all my products the next day.