View Full Version : blue tooth too technical for me, please help

Mahmood
01-15-2006, 04:36 AM
Hi guys

I have a pocket pc and a mobile both with blue tooth. It is for a while that I have been trying to send my photos on the mobile to the pocket pc but I can't.

I have managed to connect the two device through pairing and tried to send photos but I got "failed to send file" or something like this.

Do you have any idea?

Sven Johannsen
01-15-2006, 04:43 AM
The basic process could be outlined by a few folks here. How about revealing the actual phone and PPC and I wouldn't be surprised if someone here can give exact details. Could be your pair doesn't support the right profiles too.

CoreyJF
01-15-2006, 04:43 AM
What brand is the phone and who is the service provider. If it is Verizon you may be out of luck as the cripple the bluetooth functionality.

pocketpcadmirer
01-15-2006, 11:06 AM
I probaly know the EXACT reason. This is a common problem in the devices which use MS BT stack. To receive files on such a device via BT..

(i) Go to "settings">>"connections"
(ii)"beam"
(iii) Tick receive incoming beams

Now turn BT on

And now I surmise you can send files from your phone to your PDA

Sunny :)

Mahmood
01-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks for replies

It is a O2 mobile phone (UK) and the pocket pc is acer(n30) and "Receive all incoming beams" is already active.

I just don't know what else I should do.

PetiteFlower
01-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Does your phone support the bluetooth profile for sending files?

If you can't get it to work over BT, can you just email the photos?

Mahmood
01-17-2006, 12:34 AM
It is a O2 X2i mobile set.

I don't think there is an email option there but there is a "send file" option and lists the pocket pc as a destination but after choosing the pocket pc and it trying for around 15-30 second I get failed message.