View Full Version : Ipaq 4150, wireless WPA-PSK AES/TKIP issues

mooiamcaow
01-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Hi, Finaly got my wireless working on my laptops, works fine, but i can't get it to work on my PDA (ipaq 4150)

I can see it fine, it knows what it's called, but when it asks for the password, i enter it in, but it doens't accept it.

if i go to the Configure Wireless Networks screen, it shows my network "BAYLEY" as avalible, and if i click it, and go connect, it says 'connecting' then just goes back to 'avalible',
so i open the settings up, i've got it setup to connect to 'The Internet',
authentication is set to "WPA-PSK" which is what i've set it to on the wireless router (Netgear WPN824)
Data Encryption is set to TKIP,
then under that it says Network Key, it already has something in it, and if i try to change it to the network password, it reverts back to default (it's masked so i don't know what it is) so i leave it as it is.

My laptops use WPA-PSK AES. but my pda does not have that option which is why i think it doesn't work.

Thing that confuses me is, i've set my router to use WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]. So it should work anyways, right?

If i run my router open, i get internet fine.

Can anyone plz help me. thank youvery much!

-Stefan.

Darius Wey
01-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts. :)

then under that it says Network Key, it already has something in it, and if i try to change it to the network password, it reverts back to default (it's masked so i don't know what it is) so i leave it as it is.

Regardless of what you enter in there, the masked value will always appear the same. But rest assured, the newest password you entered has been stored.

On to other matters - what ROM version are you running? You can check this by navigating to Start > Settings > System > Asset Viewer > Version > ROM Revision. If it's still 1.00, visit HP, then download and install the latest ROM update: http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/download/21908.html

That adds WPA support and improves any wireless connection problems.

If after that, it still fails to connect, log in to your router and try shifting from WPA to WEP. Annoyingly, some routers are stubborn with PDA connections over WPA. :(

mooiamcaow
01-15-2006, 01:13 AM
Thank you very much for your fast reply :)

I'm running Rom Revision: 1.10.03 ENG, and OS version: Windows CE 4.20.

I've recheked everything douzens of times, hardreset douzens of times. I guess my router just dens't like my PDA.
Might try to update the firmware again on my router.

Thanks buddy!

-Stefan

Constant Caffeine
01-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Have you tried disabling the security?

mooiamcaow
01-18-2006, 01:36 AM
yep, and with the security turned off, it works fine.

thank you for your reply!