View Full Version : Killed a H2200 on my first week at a new job :(

LSmith4285
01-13-2006, 01:08 AM
Hey guys,

I was loading the v1.1 ROM onto a H2200 did all it said but it died, did soft and hard reset with no joy. Spoke to HP online and they said I have to send it back to them and they'll charge me as its out of warranty, any ideas guys?

I told my boss what happened today and it wasn't too big an issue but I'd be really glad if I could somehow go back and fix it!

It now displays "Serial" in the middle of the screen then the HP logo below then "v1.08" below. If I hard reset it lights for a sec and says "start up..." and then goes back to that.

Can't rerun the update program as it needs an ActiveSync connection active.

Is there anyway to get into the bootloader and install a ROM from a SD cards? I know this was possible on older MS Samrtphone operating systems.

Any help and you'd be a life saver!

Cheers

LSmith4285
01-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Right I have managed to get the iPAQ into the red screen with the ambulance which is apparently some kind of boot screen. Anyone got any ideas now?

cheers

Constant Caffeine
01-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Yikes! 8O I’m not sure what happened. Did it loose power during the ROM flash? As far as the loading from SD, I doubt if that is possible.

LSmith4285
01-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Well we use GroupWise so we have a third party client running on the iPAQs so they can sync with GroupWise and I think this interupted the ROM update which cause the failure :(

However I got the keys to my desk drawers and there is another H2200 in there but it has a broken screen, so I'm going to swap the screen from the one I damaged into the one I found and all should be better!

Anyone know if they are easy to swap?

Cheers

Brad Adrian
01-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Anyone know if they are easy to swap?

Easy for me? Probably not.

Easy for you? Could be. All you'll need is the correct screwdrivers, a steady hand and some patience. I'm not sure if any soldering is involved, but what have you got to lose? ;)

LSmith4285
01-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Well it was relatively easy to change over. I had a Torx 6 screwdriver and that’s all I needed.

The LCD is attached to the PCB with a ribbon cable so it was just a case on unclipping and reclipping the cable into place.

It was a little fiddly, had to take it apart and put it back together again before it would work. Not sure what I did wrong the first couple of times but the important thing is its working now!

Menneisyys
01-26-2006, 12:35 PM
If you would still want to reflash the ROM (if you change back or get a new screen), it's not particularly complicated from the boot loader, using a SD card.

LSmith4285
01-27-2006, 10:34 AM
If you would still want to reflash the ROM (if you change back or get a new screen), it's not particularly complicated from the boot loader, using a SD card.

Do you know of any tutorials or threads on how to do this?

Matt_77
02-05-2006, 04:43 AM
I know the screen is busted but if you wanted to fix it instead of using the HP flash utility or flashing from a SD card, you could try a program called mtty that lets you flash a ROM to your iPAQ, works on a 2210 no worries :D .

Check out this thread for more info http://www.mobilitysite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17223