View Full Version : hx2xxx series flip cover

thendless
01-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi, Im wondering where I can get another flip cover for my hx2755? Can you buy them anywhere? If not does anyone have one they don't need they would be willling to sell?

airconvent
01-12-2006, 06:11 PM
I can answer that! For some strange reason, HP saw fit NOT to offer a cover as accessory even through the previous Jornada 56x series had a range of coloured flip covers.
But there is hope! Go to the service centre. They can order the flip cover as a repair spare part but be prepared to pay around US$18 for it as that's how much they quoted me and you have to come back another day as they need to order the item elsewhere.
The part no for the item is 377955-001.
cheers

thendless
01-12-2006, 06:22 PM
18$ 8O

I think im better off just buying a clear plastic case or soemthing...

airconvent
01-13-2006, 03:44 PM
ok...I have a cheaper solution.
I buy a few of these cheap camcorder LCD screen protectors from the "everything at $US1 stores" then cut them to size and blanket the whole flip cover with it. you can see the lines where "stitching" occurs. but this way, the cover is protected from scratches and you can still see
I also paste one at the back of the pda, so i can now place it on the table without worrying I will scratch the battery cover plus we can still see the display....