View Full Version : iPAQ 1945 BT Jabra and Motorolla

cheddy
01-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Two questions regarding connectivity with my cell phone and my jabra...
First, when I pair my 1945 with the jabra, it tells me that
"The device does not offer any usable services." All I want is to use the headset as an earphone for my MP3's - why can't I do this?

Also, I want to sync my contacts in my ipaq with those in my motorola v710 via bluetooth. can somebody tell me how to do this?
Thanks.
Chad.

ntractv
01-12-2006, 01:37 AM
I'm assuming you have Verizon as your carrier as I do, and if true, not gonna happen. Verizon crippled the OBEX exchange so you can't snyc contact info between the two.

cheddy
01-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Thanks for your reply.
No actually I don't have Verizon. I'm in Canada, and I'm with Telus.
Maybe they did the same thing though. Wouldn't surprise me.

Darius Wey
01-12-2006, 04:53 AM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts, cheddy. :)

First, when I pair my 1945 with the jabra, it tells me that
"The device does not offer any usable services." All I want is to use the headset as an earphone for my MP3's - why can't I do this?

Some of the older iPAQs have the headset profile hidden in the stack, but disabled by default. It requires a bit of registry hacking to enable it. Fiddling with the registry has its risks, but if you're well aware of them and you don't mind them, feel free to proceed:

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BtConfig\Services\0005, and look for an entry titled "Enabled". Tap on it and change its value from 0 to 1. This setting will enable the audio gateway profile.

Also, look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev, and look for an entry titled "Dll". Change its value to BtCeIf.dll. This setting will route the audio through the Bluetooth driver.

Soft-reset your Pocket PC, establish a partnership between your Pocket PC and headset, and you should be good to go from there. Don't expect mind-blowing sound quality though. It's not great for listening to music, but for standard phone conversations (if you're using Skype) and audiobooks, it should be good enough.

Also, I want to sync my contacts in my ipaq with those in my motorola v710 via bluetooth. can somebody tell me how to do this?

A product such as Pocket PhoneTools Pro (http://www.bvrp.com/ENG/products/pocketPhoneTools/feature.asp) might be able to help you.

cheddy
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
Thanks Darius.
Once I found PHM Registration Editor for Pocket PC, I was able to get to the registry and adjust those values... so I'll find out how it worked next time I have my BT headset handy!
Pocket Phone Tools looks good, but a little too rich for my blood. Anything freeware in the same stream?

Darius Wey
01-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Pocket Phone Tools looks good, but a little too rich for my blood. Anything freeware in the same stream?

Is the Motorola v710's phonebook vCard-aware? The vCard is basically a universal format for storing contact information, so if your Motorola can send/accept/recognise vCards, you should be able to synchronise them between the two devices without third-party software.