View Full Version : No email notification sound

caubeck
01-08-2006, 03:32 PM
I get no beep when new e-mail arrives on my Spanish OS h1935. It has never worked, after soft or hard resets. All the right boxes are ticked and the sound plays okay when I test it on set up, it just doesn't happen in practice.

I once asked about this problem here without finding a solution. It didn't bother me too much then as I rarely used internet on the PDA. Now I'm planning to use a wifi card and will need to hear the notification, so does anyone know how I can get around this?

I did hear a chime when I tried Profimail but it had problems with Gmail so I changed to Webis, which works fine.

Thanks in advance for your sympathies :)

hamishmacdonald
01-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Messaging only makes a sound and displays a dialogue box when it's in the background, not when it's the active application. Is that perhaps the missing element here?

caubeck
01-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Unfortunately I never get the beeping jingle with the incorporated WM2003 email client whether it's running in the background or foreground. Fortunately Webis does make a sort of thudding noise if there's new mail, if that's loud enough for me I'm not sure.