View Full Version : Answering machine software for PDA Phone

dolomie
01-08-2006, 02:07 PM
I am searching a software (possible freeware) as answering machine for phone calls for my PDA Phone (Qtek S100 - Pocket PC).
I could find nothing...

Thanks Patrick

Darius Wey
01-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Have you got a voicemail service enabled on your mobile account? That's the closest you'll find to a proper answering machine service where users can leave a message when you're unable to attend to the call.

Otherwise, you can try SMS Answering Machine (http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&productId=167507&productType=2).

dolomie
01-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Yes that exists but I want to use something as a software. SMS AM is really interesting software but it can only reply with SMS mEssages and not answer the call. I am searching a software that answer an incoming voicecall an said: Hi I am not hear at the moment please leave a message after the bip...and then the PDA register the message.

Patrick

Darius Wey
01-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure you can. At least I've never seen an application for the Pocket PC offering such an exclusive feature.

Perhaps the carrier's voicemail service would be your best option, despite the added costs.

de Donc
02-08-2006, 10:13 AM
hi, guys. i'm new here. about the answering machine. i've also been looking for it. symbian OS has a software called smartanswer. doing exactly as regular phone answering machine. not free tough. but only cost less than $10! i'm so jealous! i am still looking now. so, if you heard anything, would appreciate it if you share the info with me.

Thanks.

de Donc

Cybrid
02-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Oh that brings back fond memories :D
My Samsung T300 could do that!

I wonder if what y'all need is a script! My PPCPE can be set to "3 rings and answer" What about a simple script to play a recording "leave mssg...." and then activate Notes app for 1 min?

I don't have the skillset for that but someone might.

de Donc
02-08-2006, 11:00 AM
same here. there should be a lot of pocket pc software wizards who can do that right? i think they just don't really have the need for it so they don't come up with something close.

Sven Johannsen
02-08-2006, 04:39 PM
hi, guys. i'm new here. about the answering machine. i've also been looking for it. symbian OS has a software called smartanswer. doing exactly as regular phone answering machine. not free tough. but only cost less than $10! i'm so jealous! i am still looking now. so, if you heard anything, would appreciate it if you share the info with me.

Thanks.

de Donc

You sure it saved on the phone? The Treo 700 has a neat interface that looks like an answering machine, with forward, back, delete buttons, but it really just operates the carrier provided voicemail, sending the correct keystrokes required to do the functions. I don't know that the phone didn't, just wondering. Every cell service I've ever had, came with voicemail as part of the package and the call is free, so I'm not sure how wide the demand for this would be. Only advantage I could see is listening to voicemail when out of the service area.

de Donc
02-09-2006, 01:47 AM
i haven't actually seen the smartanswer in action. i only saw it in the internet. unfortunately, my cell provider still applies charges to those who access the voice mail box. such a waste.

scottb
02-11-2006, 11:04 PM
I had an old Samsung phone (I think it was the SCH-A530) that would answer calls and store the messages on the phone. I would also like a PPC application to do that. I think it would use less air time to have the phone answer the call then it does to call voice mail and retrieve messages.

@Sven,
I don't know which provider you use, but I don't have free calls to voice mail! I used to be able to do that by calling my own number and logging in to voice mail (the call would be classified as mobile to mobile - free), but that stopped working a long time ago.

I read somewhere (probably here) that the PPC OS doesn't really "talk to" the phone app in an article about difficult in recording phone calls. That would explain why it's not available.

Menneisyys
02-12-2006, 01:26 PM
I read somewhere (probably here) that the PPC OS doesn't really "talk to" the phone app in an article about difficult in recording phone calls. That would explain why it's not available.

Yup, that may have been my article on recording telephone conversations on the PPC PE.

I only know of one solution: GetVoice (http://www.gotvoice.com/). It's free but only available in North America. If you're lucky enough to live there, give it a try.

Note that it may not work with Cingular (http://65.254.44.186/showthread.php?t=684686).