View Full Version : WebIS Announces Permanent Price Decreases

Ed Hansberry
01-07-2006, 09:00 PM
<a href="http://ssl.webis.net/">http://ssl.webis.net/</a><br /><br />Last month, <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45224">WebIS had a special promotion</a> that ran through the end of the year. Now, based on the success of that, they have moved all of their pricing down permanently. Pocket Informant is now at $24.95. Mail is at $19.95. Toolbox is at $12.95.<br /><br />Additionally, if you already own a PIM product from a competitor, WebIS offers a 50% discount on Pocket Informant. :way to go:

PPCMD
01-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Very nice pricing. I wonder if they will cut the price on Flex Wallet as well.

dMores
01-07-2006, 11:30 PM
a ppc without pocketinformant is, for me, almost not usable.
i have tried to convince all my ppc using friends to get it, but they are all buy-online-with-credit-card-paranoid (strange).
But i have bought it for my girlfriend's iMate, because she was so unhappy with the integrated week view and contacts management.

ever since it came bundled with my loox 600 i have been a great fan, and my next ppc(pe) will definately be equipped with PI.

and if PI ever comes to symbian, i'll be the first to buy!

marsonist
01-07-2006, 11:50 PM
I have tried the built in calendar program, but found it way too limited to be usefull. Up until the end of Dec I had been using a competing program and bought PI simply because the 12.99 deal was too hard to pass up. I have been extremely impressed with PI ever since and have not looked back.

My only gripe is that the default contacts layout is pretty ugly. I have seen the screenshot that they have in the ppcthoughts banner, with the pretty icons and two lines per contact, but haven't figured out how to make mine look like that.

Otherwise the calendar app is slick and highly functional. Let's hope that their price drop earns them some well deserved sales. Good job guys

ctmagnus
01-08-2006, 12:40 AM
My only gripe is that the default contacts layout is pretty ugly. I have seen the screenshot that they have in the ppcthoughts banner, with the pretty icons and two lines per contact, but haven't figured out how to make mine look like that.

Picture list. Tap on the icon with two squares (one above the other) and select Picture List. I just figured that out! :)

pocketpcadmirer
01-08-2006, 11:06 AM
I dont have PI..so I conjure that I'm going to buy one :D

Sunny

KTamas
01-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Nice. PI is a must-have IMO.

Phillip Dyson
01-08-2006, 05:14 PM

Picture list. Tap on the icon with two squares (one above the other) and select Picture List. I just figured that out! :)

Great tip ctmagnus. My only gripe is that PIContacts doesn't have an easier search function a la ContactBreeze.

Got anything for that ctmagnus? :wink:

ctmagnus
01-09-2006, 04:03 AM
Great tip ctmagnus. My only gripe is that PIContacts doesn't have an easier search function a la ContactBreeze.

Got anything for that ctmagnus? :wink:

Unfortunately, no. That's my one gripe with PI contacts as well.

PI has a search bar, and it has the letter tabs, but neither work as well as the letter tabs in ContactBreeze or Spb Diary.

alex_kac
01-09-2006, 07:00 AM
So this sounds like a great time to ask - what can we do in PI to make it easier? Maybe it not obvious but in PI you can start typing (if you have a keyboard) in PI and it'll automatically start searching. That's my preferred way of doing it.

ctmagnus
01-09-2006, 07:11 AM
So this sounds like a great time to ask - what can we do in PI to make it easier? Maybe it not obvious but in PI you can start typing (if you have a keyboard) in PI and it'll automatically start searching. That's my preferred way of doing it.

The way I like it is the way Smartphones, ContactBreeze and Spb Diary do it: start spelling out a name with the tabs and the list of matches is narrowed down the more letters you type. But this method may require the implementation of an "alphabet bar" (or some such designation) option as well as the search bar and the tabs bar.

I've noticed that the search bar will pop up when I'm in contacts view and I bring up the keyboard and start typing, but the thing I dislike about this method is that a history of all my searches is kept in the dropdown list, at least until I delete the corresponding file from the \My Documents\WebIS folder. If I type the first four letters of a given contact in one search, then the first five the next time and the first three the time after that, I have three entries in the dropdown for one contact.

jlp
01-10-2006, 01:41 AM
a ppc without pocketinformant is, for me, almost not usable.
i have tried to convince all my ppc using friends to get it, but they are all buy-online-with-credit-card-paranoid (strange).

Have them get a Visa Electron, it's a reloadable debit card (you first load it with cash) that works just like a regular Visa credit card. The risk is very low, up to the loaded amount in any case. And it's totally separate from your regular credit card. I have one.