View Full Version : What about 3rd party Software??

AMR
01-07-2006, 04:56 AM
I'm intrigued by the device and I looked at it today. I must admit the lower screen resolution didn't have nearly the effect I thought it would.

My question, with the 240 x 240 resolution, can you install 3rd party software like Pocket Informant, Pocket Plus and other PPC software and have it work effectively or will the software need to be modified for the resolution?

Thanks in advance.

Darius Wey
01-07-2006, 05:13 AM
My question, with the 240 x 240 resolution, can you install 3rd party software like Pocket Informant, Pocket Plus and other PPC software and have it work effectively or will the software need to be modified for the resolution?

Most major third-party applications have already been updated to support square-screen devices, so if you installed it on the Treo 700w, it would work fine.

pocketpcadmirer
01-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Yes..many of the popular apps have been updated. This is because HP introduced the square screen 'stuff' like 8 months or so ago

Sunny

mesposito2
01-09-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm intrigued by the device and I looked at it today. I must admit the lower screen resolution didn't have nearly the effect I thought it would.

Thanks in advance.

PI is working fine on my Treo. The fonts don't always look that great, but they are better if you set it to use Cleartype, and stay away from Bold fonts.

Mark

possmann
01-10-2006, 04:06 AM
can anyone recommend a theme generator?

Darius Wey
01-10-2006, 04:30 AM
can anyone recommend a theme generator?

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45529

NsOnLn
01-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Has anyone tried any of the today replacements like PocketBreeze or Snoopsoft?

Darius Wey
01-24-2006, 04:21 AM

I wouldn't really class PocketBreeze as a Today replacement. Snoopsoft's Dashboard is, but the former is more of a PIM plug-in designed to replace the standard Outlook Today plug-ins.

I'm not really sure if Dashboard is compatible with the Treo 700w, let alone Windows Mobile 5.0. The latest version of PocketBreeze, on the other hand, is compatible, so feel free to give that a shot.

Nurhisham Hussein
01-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Dashboard v3 will be compatible with WM5, and is currently in beta. If you've already purchased Dashboard v2.x, you can download the beta through the order page.

Edit: IIRC, square screen support is already present in the latest version of v2.x - though you will have to find or make a skin to fit.

pocketpcadmirer
01-27-2006, 07:52 PM

Pocketbreeze supports sqaure screenhttp://www.sbsh.net/products/pocketbreeze/

It is the most used app on my ppc.

Sunny :D

rim
03-12-2006, 04:21 PM
NoviiRemote Deluxe is also compatible with Treo 700w ...