View Full Version : Exchange syncing confusion with multiple devices and PCs

acetuk
01-05-2006, 03:05 AM
Ok. I was obviously good last year as over Christmas I was able to upgrade my set up to a XDA Exec (Universal) and XDA Mini S (Wizard). I had to pay for them... but my wife said it was ok so I must have done something right last year! :)

I have also signed up with a hosted exchange account with 4smartphone, the premium version so I can locally sync with Outlook on my laptop. To make matters worse I also want to be able to sync the devices with my work laptop so I can track work projects, appointments etc. on my devices.

So to summarise - I have two PPCs, two PCs and one hosted exchange account. I'm an experienced PPC user but not multiple devices with an exchange account.

What I need is a guide from people here with a similar set up as to what is the best way to connect all of these devices and get it all to work.

What I have done so far is all trial and error. My Exec is currently set up so that the exchange server syncs contacts, calender, e-mail and tasks. On top of that both my work and home PCs are set up to also sync contacts etc. as well as files, favourites and so on.

On my Mini S I have exchange set up for contacts etc. and so far my home PC for files. The Mini S will not let me select contacts etc. for the local machine as well as I have it selected under exchange. I simply do not understand why this is a problem as the Exec can do it.

Any ideas from anyone on the best way to go are always welcome!

Thanks.