View Full Version : New ROM Upgrade A05 & A06

beckp
01-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Just noticed on the Dell Web site there are two new updates as of yesterday, A05 for Axim X51 520MHz and/or Axim X51 416MHz devices and A06 for X51v 624MHz only.

Who's gonna be first :?:

beckp
01-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Well I installed the A06 upgrade, no big deal either way so far.

Clinton Fitch
01-05-2006, 12:19 AM
I would love for Dell to come out with a ROM upgrade for the x50v's. :(

Does anyone have a definative list of what A06 addresses/fixes/improves? The Dell site is a little vague....

Stephen Beesley
01-05-2006, 02:27 AM
I would love for Dell to come out with a ROM upgrade for the x50v's. :(

Does anyone have a definative list of what A06 addresses/fixes/improves? The Dell site is a little vague....

I have only had my upgraded x50v for a week (second hand but in excellent condition - a credit to its previous owner our very own Contributing Editor Jon Westfall :D) and although I really love most of what WM5 brings, the battery drain issue (when it gets stuck at 624Mhz) is really starting to drive me nuts.... :( .

Come on Dell: six updates for the x51v, how about one for the x50v.... :?:

Clinton Fitch
01-05-2006, 02:37 AM
the battery drain issue (when it gets stuck at 624Mhz) is really starting to drive me nuts.... :( .

Come on Dell: six updates for the x51v, how about one for the x50v.... :?:

Completely, 100% agree! That and the CF/SD card issue with them quick draining the battery when installed....

Oh yes, I'm very ready for that ROM update....

kf6krc
01-05-2006, 02:50 AM
Hello
I just upgraded my x51v to the AO6 rom upgrade. So far no problems except that after the upgrade I tried to restore from the backup that I did just before the upgrade, (this was recommended in the upgrade instructions) and it failed saying that the backup was from a previous version of windows mobile.
So I had to reinstall everything which went without a hitch, and my x51 is now back to normal. So far i have had no problems with the unit not powering up or I have not had the problem of the unit no seeing my SD or CF cards.
I will let you know if any other problems arise after i play with it for a while. :devilboy:

Happy New Year

Stephen Beesley
01-05-2006, 03:25 AM
Completely, 100% agree! That and the CF/SD card issue with them quick draining the battery when installed....

Oh yes, I'm very ready for that ROM update....

Even in the short week that I have had the x50v the battery drain issue has come close to driving me back to WM2003SE, but I am trying to perservere.

I am just hoping that we will actually get a ROM update and that Dell has not just decided to abandon the x50 series...