View Full Version : WiFi connections

eerop
01-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Hello! I have a couple questions concerning WiFi -connections with HP iPAQ.

First, has anyone else experienced problem with ad-hoc connection to PC, that WiFi signal cuts itself off from time to time thus disconnecting opened Remote Terminal Services -desktop to remote machine? You can see it clearly by watching the signal level from WiFi Manager. Any solutions to prevent this feature?

Secondly, is there any software that can be used to handle the login-phase automatically? i.e. remote connection could be established with single click in a way, you can set up user with password like in XP's Remote Desktop.

Thanks in advance!

Janak Parekh
01-04-2006, 03:40 PM
First, has anyone else experienced problem with ad-hoc connection to PC, that WiFi signal cuts itself off from time to time thus disconnecting opened Remote Terminal Services -desktop to remote machine? You can see it clearly by watching the signal level from WiFi Manager. Any solutions to prevent this feature?
No, I haven't, but I haven't used ad-hoc WiFi connections in a long, long time. Is there a reason you're using ad-hoc as opposed to an access point?

Secondly, is there any software that can be used to handle the login-phase automatically? i.e. remote connection could be established with single click in a way, you can set up user with password like in XP's Remote Desktop.
I haven't seen any documentation for this. It may be possible, you can try a search, but I'm not betting on it.

--janak

clbsvi
01-07-2006, 02:16 AM
My new Toshiba M45-S269 has a Utility called "ConFig Free" which does an excellent job of setting up WiFi and presumeably also BlueTooth.
You could explore it on a demonstration laptop at Circuit City or Best Buy or the like. I CANNOT make Bluetooth work on either the new laptop or on a new iPAQ hx2495. I hate BlueTooth !! Lets replace it with Scalable-Power WiFi. Anybody out there have an idea of how to do this. I do, and if there is interest, email me at [email protected].

Guest979
01-07-2006, 05:42 PM
From what I hear, Bluetooth is just totally messed up under WM5 because of something related to MS using their own Bluetooth stack software instead of the drivers they had previously licensed. But Bluetooth itself is not inherently flawed; it is actually the most reliable form of communication between my iPaq 1940 (2003FE) and my PowerBook, two devices which weren't exactly designed to talk to each other.