View Full Version : hx4700 - Hard Reset

raul_barcelona
01-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Hi everyone:

I bought HP iPAQ hx 4700, days ago and installed an amount of games, that worked well. I played normally but it did an spontaneous hard reset, erasing every program, but not the maps for GPS, that were places into the SD. I've seen an amount of comments about problems with VGA, but i can't find where download the test, and i'm not sure if it was is due to that.

Raul.

Darius Wey
01-02-2006, 04:43 AM
I don't think it's a problem with VGA screens. Rather, it'd be due to one of the games you installed. It only takes a bit of buggy code for your device to go into disarray.

Golden rule: Backup, backup, backup - before you install each and every application. It's an arduous process, but one that will pay off in the long run. Use an integrated backup application if your hx4700 has one. Otherwise, something like Sprite Backup will do the job nicely.

Patrick Y.
01-03-2006, 06:56 AM
Golden rule: Backup, backup, backup - before you install each and every application. It's an arduous process, but one that will pay off in the long run. Use an integrated backup application if your hx4700 has one. Otherwise, something like Sprite Backup will do the job nicely.

This is what I'm still painfully trying to accomplish. :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

raul_barcelona
01-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Hi everyone:

First of all i want to give you thanks for reply me so quick.
I called HP and they told me that when the PDA can't resolve a problem automatically make a hard reset, and come to the factory configuration, the one that is sure. In spite of this i'm very deceptioned with my PDA, because 135 MB of RAM aren't really, we only have 68 MB more or less, the others are dedicated to IPAQ file store and you CAN'T use them!
I understand now the reason of it's slowlyness. HP should write better the correct specifications before write 135 MB SDRAM, and write 64 MB SDRAM available for users, not 135. I don't know what to do..
anyone who can give me an advice about what model buy?

thanks
Raul.

Nurhisham Hussein
01-04-2006, 01:27 AM
AFAIK, they never wrote 135MB RAM, it's mentioned only as user accessible. Second, iPaq file store is usable for storage, which is what it's meant for.