View Full Version : Think i just wasted a brand new vario..

hmmmmm
12-31-2005, 01:27 PM
I just unpacked my vario a couple of hours ago and im already in deep **** :cry:

I played around with it a bit first, unlocked it so could get my old sim in it, en then i wanted to unlock it with lokiwiz to install a different rom so i could get rid of the t-mobile junk they put on there.

Lokiwiz loaded al the files correctly and performed a reset on my vario, when is rebooted it needed my pin code, but i thought my new sim was still in there instead of the old one. So i put in the wrong pincode, then it asked for my puk code.. I thought:wait a minute i need my other sim, so i changed the sim and rebooted. And now it just stopped working, its loading everything up to the today screen, when it pops up the window to enter the pincode, i do this and press enter, then i get the message:unknown sim status

When i try to enter the sim for the second time or wait for a minute i get the message: DATACRASH contact service center.
I tried a hard reset, and even got into the today screen without the pincode, where i went to the config screen en used the option to set averything back to factory settings. It rebooted and started the install all over again, and the t-mobile customization stuff.. so i thought nice! working again :)

But i was wrong, it still has the same problem..i tried the sim in another phone and it is working correctly, so it must be the vario itself that i destroyed..:(

I contacted the service center and someone from the repair department is contacting me monday, but im afraid they know what there talking about and he/she will find out i tried to unlock it..
So is there anyone that has any idea how im going to get out of this mess?? I dont want to start my new year like this..