View Full Version : Help Request: Sending photos via Mobile Phones

Dent
12-31-2005, 08:52 AM
Hi, I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some direction here, a little troubleshooting help:

I am trying to send pictures via mobile phone but when I try to send them my phone tells me that it cannot.

I am using a Motorola Razor on the Vodaphone network in Germany.

My friend is using an LG 5450 on the Telus network in Canada.

Both of us have sent photos to other people within our countries and received photos from other people within our countries, but we cannot send or receive photos from each other. Perhaps our different networks are not campatible for this? The message will not even send with a picture attached.

One more thing, the reason I am posting here is that I am educating myself on windows mobile phones before I up-grade. Waiting patiently for the E-TEN M600 to get the ROM issues sorted before I buy. If the picture problem is with network compatibility, then I most likely will have the same problem when i upgrade.

Anyway, any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dent

Sven Johannsen
12-31-2005, 09:11 PM
Little out of my area here, but I expect you are sending pictures via MultiMedia Service (MMS) and your networks are just not compatible. Don't know if the Razr can do it, but on a WM phone you can attach a picture to an e-mail just as you would on a PC. The other end would of course need to be able to receive e-mail with an attachment. I tend to use the e-mail thing a lot as I have an unlimited data plan and e-mail is data. SMS and MMS are not considered data (beats me why), and they are billed by the piece (oh, maybe that's why ;) )

Yes you can send SMS and MMS wih a smart phone, but you are right. If the networks won't let you do it know, a Windows Smartphone won't change that.

Janak Parekh
01-01-2006, 04:08 AM
Little out of my area here, but I expect you are sending pictures via MultiMedia Service (MMS) and your networks are just not compatible.
Exactly -- intercarrier MMS doesn't really exist across continents yet. :(

--janak

Dent
01-02-2006, 12:46 PM
I am using MMS so that explains why it's not working for me and my friend. Too bad, and I hope in the future we get this kind interoperability between networks.

Thanks to both of you for the info.

Dent

Cybrid
01-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Little out of my area here, but I expect you are sending pictures via MultiMedia Service (MMS) and your networks are just not compatible.
Exactly -- intercarrier MMS doesn't really exist across continents yet. :(

--janak
Mainly to do with cross carrier agreements. I know of several filipinos that can or could? text to the philippines.

Overall though. Just about anyone can email a pic from a camera capable phone and then retrieve the email. One thing though, the LG5450 camera sux. Don't expect fine art.