View Full Version : CommonTime mSuite for Lotus Notes

bhoopty
12-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Is there any body out here that is using CommonTime mSuite for Lotus notes. mSuite is similar to a black berry server in that it is developed to push email, contacts, calendar, and tasks from an IBM domino email environment to a PPC or Smartphone.

We are using I-Mate devices on Cingular/AT&T and on Sprint device. All of our devices are K-Jam's, JasJar's, and one PPC-6700.

All of the devices are running windows mobile 5. My company is having problems keeping this software and the phone stable. I can't count the number of hard and soft resets I have had to do just to keep the phone functional.

I would like to know if any of you out there might have any thoughts or experience with CommonTime.

Thanks for all of the advice and help.
bhoopty.....

victore
12-31-2005, 01:17 AM
I use mNotes to keep my Qtek 9100 and Notes synched up. I synch using ActiveSync, and have not tried the over the air (OTA) synching, though that's a project for me for 2006.

Can you elaborate on your problems with the software? Is your PIM data not synching, is it getting corrupted, or it something else. I have had nothing but good exeperiences with the software, and it's the only solution I endorse for synching with Notes. I'm sure there are Intellisync and EasySync fanboys and girls out there, but for me, it's mNotes all the way.

bhoopty
01-06-2006, 06:01 AM
Well,
We used the personal client of mNotes and synced using active sync and it worked like a champ. Since we converted to mSuite, in workgroup mode, we have had problems with emails not being pushed via UDP to the phone, replication issues such as not being able to make a connection to the server, replication locking up device forcing you to do a soft reset, and most recently...an error stating that device memory is critically low...please close one of the following programs: mCenter or ActiveSync. My personal opinion is that mCenter has a memory leak of some sort...it seems to happen more often when the device is in its cradle.

The device works great as a phone and PDA when you first begin using it. Only when I install mNotes to the device is when it starts locking up...phone calls come in and i cannot answer them because none of my buttons will respond..things of that nature. If I take mNotes off of the phone, it works flawlessly.

I am using mSuite 4.1.2 - the latest version for Windows Mobile 5 - and the problem may lie within just that...i am no longer on the leading edge...but I am on the bleeding edge of technology..

Sometimes i feel like i am a beta tester for mNotes...always reporting back with new problems....

littld
01-13-2006, 06:33 PM
I have been using this tool since it first came out.

I can't help you on the workgroup side, but even on the standard client the updates have been handled very badly. Each time they add a feature another one that used to work starts having problems.

I found my most stable version about 18 months ago (ver 3.0) and have no intentions of ever trying to upgrade it again.

ubiquityman
01-14-2006, 09:57 PM
I've been using mNotes for almost a year, before that Intellistink. mNotes is easily 20x better than Intellistink.

I use the personal version which allows me to WIFI network sync to my desktop at work and get my notes email, without having to connect via active sync.

It doesn't duplicate meeting or contacts either. Very robust.

victore
01-31-2006, 09:14 AM
bhoopty, were you able to find a resolution to your problem?

victore
01-19-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm considering dropping mNotes in favor with EasySync 4.2.4 because mNotes has a hard time reconciling my data on my device, with my data on Notes and my data on Outlook. Perhaps I'm asking for too much to have my device synch with two PIM's, but I don't remember having this much problems when I did this with my Tosh e800.

Has anyone had good luck with synching their PDA's with two PIMs? Can someone give me some pointers?