View Full Version : BTFileExplorer corrupt?

mmidgley
12-23-2005, 11:12 PM
I aquired the HP iPAQ Bluetooth Stereo Headphone recently. I noticed that HP does provide the A2DP (high quality stereo BT profile) for my old iPAQ 5555.

My iPAQ has Broadcom Bluetooth version 1.4.1.60 in ROM. The BT headphones came with a CD that has Broadcom Bluetooth version 1.6.0.700 (which is the same as SP30003 for iPAQ 5555 available for download at HP) which is required to have the A2DP profile. When I install 1.6.0.700, indeed the stereo bt headphones work, but the BTFileExplorer.exe file seems corrupt--I noticed this when I tried to browse the files on my bt phone (Motorola V551). It simply would not connect to browse--but I could still send OBEX back and forth. When I deleted BTFileExplorer.exe 1.6.0.700 and reverted to the BTFileExplorer.exe 1.4.1.60 in ROM, browsing again works. However, I'm concerned that this isn't the best workaround.

Does anyone have an iPAQ 55xx device with Broadcom Bluetooth version 1.6.0.700 installed and the browse files on BT device (BTFileExplorer.exe) feature works? Would you send me a copy of \Windows\BTFileExplorer.exe ?

BTFileExplorer.exe is a support executable to the BT Manager (you don't run it directly). If you do attempt to run it directly it gives you a polite error telling you to use the BT Manager. When attempting to directly run the 1.6.0.700 BTFileExplorer.exe in question on my device I get the error, "Cannot file 'BTFileExplorer.exe' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and all the required libraries are available." That means either BTFileExplorer.exe is corrupt or there are missing libraries (missing libraries is less likely since 1.4.1.60 works).

In review:
BTFileExplorer.exe 144k 22-Jun-2004 in ROM, works but is out of date.
BTFileExplorer.exe 101k 09-Feb-2005 in RAM, bad--need replacement!

of course i have tried to re-install serveral times from both CD and the downloaded SP30003. also tried hard-reset on the iPAQ. same problem.

thanks,
m.