View Full Version : Today Screen Software

tregnier
12-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Yo experts!

I just bought an Axim 51v. I used to use Deje PIToday, Wisbar, SPB Pocket Plus and Pocket Informant to manage my Today screen/PIM. With WM5, I'm using Magic Button instead of Wisbar (in beta), Pocket Informant, Pocket Plus and Pocket Breeze to replace PI Today, which won't run under WM5.

I don't like Pocket Breeze (lots of reasons). What are the other replacements to Pocket Breeze that will fit with Pocket Informant and the mix I have?

Thanks in advance!

Darius Wey
12-23-2005, 06:36 PM
You can try Spb Diary (http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/diary/?en) or Calendar+ (free). (http://www.mohairsofa.com/Default.aspx/document/10)

Both are very popular plug-ins that should work fine with Pocket Informant.

tregnier
12-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the leads, Darius. I tried Spb Diary and found it to be a poor copy of Pocket Breeze. Calendar+ is good for the calendar, but it's missing the tasks. I want to be able to see my tasks and appointments.

I'll keep looking. I REALLY loved Deje PIToday. If someone isn't using WM5, they should give it a try.

Zagleft1
12-25-2005, 09:01 PM
You can also add TaskPlus for free and then you'll have it all.

www.freewareppc.com/utilities/taskplus.shtml

tregnier
12-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Thanks to all who provided good advice. Here's what I'm doing:

-- Installed Magic Button
-- Installed Pocket Breeze and configured it so that it gives me just about what I had in PI Today
-- Installed PocketPlus, but not on the Today screen. I put it on a tab in Pocket Breeze so that I can launch it with one tap.

Seems to work fine without too much overhead.

pocketpcadmirer
12-26-2005, 04:04 PM
I dont know why you hate pocket breeze. Anyway you can try spb diary 1.6 which is a nice p breeze replacement.

Sunny

tregnier
12-26-2005, 04:12 PM
I guess I don't hate it now that I've messed with it some. I just liked the way PI Today would put my Pocket Informant icons at the top of the screen and do some other things that I thought looked better.

Thanks!