View Full Version : Connecting with blue tooth

Lessa
12-19-2005, 06:49 AM
Hi back again with a new adventure.

I'm now trying to connect with blue tooth. I have a third party adaptor that I've got connected to the dell lap top and I can connect the computer with the Axim just fine. I can't get #$@! ActiveSync (I'm starting to call it nonActiveSync) to recognize the link.

Like I said I can get the laptop to see it all and the handheld indicates that there is a partnership but when I got to connect via BT, it tells me "Cannot find an existing partnership with a PC that supports activesync. Would you like to set up a partnership now. I've done this several times tonight and when I think I'm golden, the message repeats.

One thing I don't understand is the window: Select services to use from this device ( the device being my laptop) and the only choice is Serial Port> Does this mean to use the bluetooth as a serial port?

The other thing I don't get is the incoming and outgoing com ports. I've got incoming set at 7 and outgoing (which is the laptop) set at 8.

It shouldn't be this hard!!! Please send me your much appreciated guidance! Thanks a ton in advance!

L

Lessa
12-19-2005, 07:38 AM
Okay, this takes the cake. I'm not sure what I did different this time, but I got it to work. Go figure! I finally got it to list ActiveSync as what to do with the connection. Yikes, I might be learning something.