View Full Version : screen comes back on wmp10.1 at end of list (wm5)

heov
12-18-2005, 06:04 PM
so i've got my playlist on wmp10.1 for wm5.

i've checked repeat.

2 issues.

first: when it gets teh last song, the screen just turns back on. it'll repeat the list, but the stupdi screen turns on, and it wont' turn off until i do it manuall again (well backlight goes off, but i want screen to shutoff).

second: when the playlist resets, and goes back to the first song, why can't i hit "previous" and have it go back to the last song in the list? seems pretty stupid that I can't do that right now. i have to keep hitting Next until i get back to the last song in the list if i want to hear it.

anyone else having this problem, or know of a fix?

and let's not forget the button mapping issue...

i doubt there is, so can someone recommend me a free, or at least less than 10bucks, mp3 player that will play WMP10 synced playslists .asx. the play list support is essential, and no, i don't want to have to use another program to convert dialy-synced playlist to another format.

thanks

Darius Wey
12-19-2005, 03:12 AM
first: when it gets teh last song, the screen just turns back on. it'll repeat the list, but the stupdi screen turns on, and it wont' turn off until i do it manuall again (well backlight goes off, but i want screen to shutoff).

I believe this is just an annoyance built into WMP10 Mobile.

second: when the playlist resets, and goes back to the first song, why can't i hit "previous" and have it go back to the last song in the list? seems pretty stupid that I can't do that right now. i have to keep hitting Next until i get back to the last song in the list if i want to hear it.

Unfortunately, I don't think WMP10 Mobile allows playlists to act as continuous lists. It's one of those A to B lists only.

and let's not forget the button mapping issue...

There are a couple of Pocket PCs which allow non-D-pad buttons to be mapped, but that was fixed by the OEM, not Microsoft directly.

WMP10 Mobile is just crippled in so many ways. I'm really hoping WMP11 Mobile is an improvement. Fingers crossed.

i doubt there is, so can someone recommend me a free, or at least less than 10bucks, mp3 player that will play WMP10 synced playslists .asx. the play list support is essential, and no, i don't want to have to use another program to convert dialy-synced playlist to another format.

MortPlayer is free and supports ASX playlists: http://www.sto-helit.de/modules/edito/content.php?id=28

heov
12-19-2005, 06:21 AM
mortplayer looks great. love the big buttons. will give it a go. thanks!

heov
12-19-2005, 04:34 PM
hmm... i don't htink it supports the .asx that's synced over for some reason. teh playlist isn't working :(

sto-helit.de
12-19-2005, 05:19 PM
hmm... i don't htink it supports the .asx that's synced over for some reason. teh playlist isn't working :(
Probably it contains no or invalid paths in its entries... You could try if it works to copy the .asx into the directory where the songs are located.
Or it contains WMA files - those aren't supported by MortPlayer.
If you send me an example of a synced .asx ([email protected], or attach it here), I can look if there's a better way to support it...

heov
12-19-2005, 08:55 PM
Probably it contains no or invalid paths in its entries... You could try if it works to copy the .asx into the directory where the songs are located.
Or it contains WMA files - those aren't supported by MortPlayer.
If you send me an example of a synced .asx ([email protected], or attach it here), I can look if there's a better way to support it...

the asx playlist is fine, and it works in WM10. It is, however, in a diff directory, but it knows that the songs are in a diff dir, so it should all work togethor.

I think the problem is that my music is seperated into a bunch of directories (album, then aritist). But the ASX has all the right directory info, so maybe it's just an issue w/ there being too many directories (3 levels deep).

also, if i say to "add" all my music in this folder, and check include subfolders, it actually splits them up into like 20 diff playlists (one for each album) instead of just one big playlist.

I really want to keep the folder heirarchy too.