View Full Version : Any option on the Contact list on hand held

Lessa
12-18-2005, 07:45 AM
Hi all,
Specifically, my question is if there is a way to control what phone number is used in the list view on the hand held when you are looking at the contact list? Currently some show up as work phone, some mobile and some are home. Any rhyme or reason here?

While I'm totaly jazzed about the kind and amount of information I can transfer to the hand held with contacts, (Palm is so behind on their hand held data bases), I do miss the TealPhone interface.

Thanks

Lessa

Janak Parekh
12-19-2005, 03:03 AM
I think this depends on the version of WM you have. In WM5 Phone Edition, it seems to be pretty obscure. On my unit, it shows the last number you dialed. I think previous WMs had a way of switching the number just by tapping it on the index, but I can't keep all the versions of WM straight any more... 8O

A third-party PIM, like Pocket Informant, may present a better way of changing the displayed number.

--janak

Darius Wey
12-19-2005, 03:23 AM
Janak's spot on about Windows Mobile 5.0. It shows the last number you accessed. Windows Mobile 2003/2003 Second Edition is a bit different. You should be able to change it by tapping on the letter to the right. You'll see a pop-up menu asking which one you wish to display (e.g. work, home, mobile), and whatever you select should be remembered the next time you launch Contacts. Unfortunately, that's only a contact-specific setting. I don't believe there's a system-wide setting to modify all numbers displayed.

Lessa
12-19-2005, 06:57 AM
Hi Guys

So it shows the last number you accessed, I would love to chat with the programmer that made that decision, sheesh. Now I really miss Teal phone. Perhaps I will invest in the pocket informant. Just makes you nuts that you spent all that $$ and something as simple as this gets left out.

thanks again. [/quote]

Janak Parekh
12-19-2005, 04:42 PM
So it shows the last number you accessed, I would love to chat with the programmer that made that decision, sheesh. Now I really miss Teal phone. Perhaps I will invest in the pocket informant. Just makes you nuts that you spent all that $$ and something as simple as this gets left out.
Yeah, we've ranted on decisions the WM team has made before. :| BTW, PI is available as a free trial -- give it a shot before you decide to invest and make sure it does what you want.

--janak