View Full Version : how do i stop a new wifi network detected notification? (wm5)

heov
12-18-2005, 01:04 AM
so everytime i walk into an area that has maybe say 10access points, i get a stupid notification saying there are accespoints, when im already connected to my own network.

i went to sounds and notifactions and unchecked everything about the wifi one (no sound, and unchecked display msg). It seems like the sound went away, and it no longer "pops" up saying new wifi, but it's waiting there in the notifications for me, and I have to go in and dismiss it, when it's quite annoying.

how can i make it stop searching, autoconnecting, or whatever to get thos msgs away?

MarcFou
12-18-2005, 07:13 AM
I stopped mine from popping up by deleting the connection settings for each listed AP except my own. After that the notifications stopped popping up.

You would think there would be a simple check box \ setting to only connect to a preffered AP. Take a look here... (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/pocketpc/connections.mspx#wirelessNetworkurl)

heov
12-18-2005, 03:42 PM
I stopped mine from popping up by deleting the connection settings for each listed AP except my own. After that the notifications stopped popping up.

You would think there would be a simple check box \ setting to only connect to a preffered AP. Take a look here... (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/pocketpc/connections.mspx#wirelessNetworkurl)
that doesn't work for me. in fact, if I make settings, it'll stop coming up w/ new ap found.

MarcFou
12-18-2005, 09:34 PM
I've done so many registry tweaks I cant remember if I've done anything else to prevent the notifications. Hopefully I can retrace my steps and figure out what it was that worked. I'll keep you posted.

heov
12-18-2005, 10:33 PM
I've done so many registry tweaks I cant remember if I've done anything else to prevent the notifications. Hopefully I can retrace my steps and figure out what it was that worked. I'll keep you posted.

thanks.

basically if i can i turn on wifi, and none of my profiles are in range/not found, i don't want a notification saying "new network... pick one of these" type things, cause my city is blanketed, and i dont' want to know when there's a wifi network. of course i could turn wifi off, but i'd prefer it to just always be on, and ONLY try to connect to my profiles and no one elses.

if i can get rid of that, then i'm sure it'll stop coming up on other times.