View Full Version : Wow. PI has really upgraded. How do you use it?

shindullin
12-15-2005, 12:57 PM
I just upgraded my PIM by buying the upgrade for Pocket Informant and wow have things been improved. WebIS has turned PI from an organizer that made your PPC as good as Outlook into a super organizer that has full Outlook funtionality plus integrates elements of project management software that has nothing to do with Outlook. I was doodling around with the software last night and was wondering how I would use all this stuff. Should I also renew my copy of pocket controller and use PI as a stand alone? Then the sync to outlook would basically be to back up my pda. Should I use Outlook on my desktop and then use the non-outlook information management stuff on PI directly from on the device? Is a small VGA screen big enough or would it become frustating to use over time? Is it more work to use the features than what it gives back in terms of efficientcy? What do other users of PI do?

RWC_Zippy
12-15-2005, 04:39 PM
I like P.I. - I have an older version of it myself. I have not had any problems with PI/Outlook data conversion (or whatever) because I set P.I. to be the primary PIM on my PDA.

The only thing I had to fiddle with was the catagories - they didn't line up with those in Outlook at first. I also don't use P.I.'s version of the voice recorder - I don't like the way it saves my recordings as notes. :roll: