View Full Version : Exchange ActiveSync Help

VanHlebar
12-14-2005, 03:56 AM
Ok, so we just installed Windows 2003 Server Small Business Edition this weekend on our Server. The tech guy setup Exchange ActiveSync for me and it works if I do the sync manually.

I have a few questions though now.

1. How do I set up the device to get the updates whenever there is a change to my contacts/appointments? I have already gone into Tools->Options Peak and Off-peak to "As Items arrive" and then checked the box for Sync outgoing items as they are sent. I then put my cell phone number in when it asked me what the cell number was that was going to receive the SMS messages. This doesn't seem to be getting my device to get the server changes when they are ready. I tested this by changing something on my desktop at my office and then waited to see how long it would take to get to my device. It never showed up, but when I did a manual sync it picked up the change just fine.

2. When I cradle my device it will not sync my contacts or my appointments. It says the sync status is on the device. My device trys to connect to my server but it always pops up my login credentials. If I say done it just doesn't connect and keeps saying that there was an error connecting to the internet. Now, if I remove it from the cradle it will sync just fine. Any ideas?

3. This is a little off topic, but I would like to get my wifes laptop to connect to my exchange server in my office. She is already setup as a user etc.. but I can't figure out how to configure her laptop. I did purchase an Exchange Server Book and Outlook 2003 book and it mentions something about using RPC over HTTP. I don't know if my tech guy set this up at the time of the install or not. Am I headed down the right path with this and is it difficult to configure?

Thanks for the help.

-Eric