View Full Version : Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition Device SDK Now Available

Darius Wey
12-11-2005, 01:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5BD8ABAA-5813-4DB3-B23A-24551DE2ECC1&displaylang=en' target='_blank'>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition (SQL Server Mobile) is a mobile database solution designed for developers who target Microsoft Windows Mobile based devices. SQL Server Mobile includes the largest number of new and improved features in any version of SQL Server Mobile since the original version, SQL Server CE 1.0. New features and enhancements in SQL Server Mobile focus on the following key areas: integration with SQL Server 2005 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005; increased reliability and performance; faster development of mobile applications. SQL Server Mobile is a powerful tool that makes it easy to develop mobile applications by supporting familiar Structured Query Language (SQL) syntax and providing a development model and API consistent with SQL Server."</i><br /><br />If you're a mobile developer, you might want to check out the updated SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition Device SDK - a essential kit for the development of SQL-based mobile applications and for the installation of SQL Server Mobile on mobile devices. If you wish to use it, you will need to have Visual Studio 2005 and ActiveSync 4.x installed on your computer.

Nurhisham Hussein
12-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Darius, there wouldn't happen to be a version compatible with WM2003 is there? I looked through the site, and there aren't any clues.

johnnylocust
12-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Darius, there wouldn't happen to be a version compatible with WM2003 is there? I looked through the site, and there aren't any clues.

From Microsoft's website:

* Any device that runs Microsoft Windows CE 5.0, Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, Windows Mobile 2003 Software for Pocket PC, or Windows Mobile 5.0

But that just says SQL Server Mobile 2005 will "run" on a WM2003 device. Targeting a wm2003 device in Visual Studio 2005 might be a different story though. If you manage to get it to work, let us know.

Nurhisham Hussein
12-12-2005, 01:02 AM
Just starting to get into development/databases, so that might take some time. I'll update if I get anything working, but it'll take some time though ;)