View Full Version : Saving webpages to Pocket PC?

ToddJ
12-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Is there a way to save certain webpages on my Pocket PC to look at later? (My pocket pc has wifi) Kind of like Avantgo, but with actual webpages, not ones designed for Avantgo.

Nurhisham Hussein
12-10-2005, 06:41 PM
If you're using Interent Explorer on the desktop, you can define certain links as mobile favorites - right click on the link in the favorites menu, and tick the box that says "Make available for off-line viewing". IE will save the contents of the link on your PC. Next step, open up Activesync, go to options, make sure the check box for Favorites is ticked. Next open up the settings for Favorites, click on the customise tab, then tick the "Synchronize offline content" box. Just be careful not to download too much content - it's all going into RAM AFAIK.

Paul Martin
12-10-2005, 06:46 PM
I use Repligo (http://www.cerience.com/products/repligo.htm). You pay for the printer driver but the viewer on the handheld is free. I like it for the reflow view that shows just the text making it easier to read. But, it's just the toggle of the view...you get a snapshot of what the page looks like.

buzzard
12-10-2005, 10:30 PM
If you're trying to save from PIE itself I usually save the text to Pocket Word and read it later (select all>copy> paste to Word).

Patrick Y.
12-11-2005, 09:02 AM
EzDownload is a handy free solution. Just point the html file to the program and it will download the webpage. MultiIE, Netfront, etc. are very easy to use, but quite expensive.

pocketpcadmirer
12-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Hey patrick !! The problem occurs while saving ASP webpages..for normal webpage it goes ok..but hey it is also done by SPB PIE plug-in.

The biggest drawback of all plug-ins is that no-one offers to store "webpage with images". I went in for netfront..even it can't save pages with images :(

Sunny

buzzard
12-11-2005, 08:39 PM
but hey it is also done by SPB PIE plug-in.Sunny
When I saved a webpage with SPB it worked but when I attempted to read it later on I found that I needed to be "online" in order to open it. I thought that when I saved a webpage it would be saved so that it could be opened later without having to be connected to the web. I guess it all depends on what your definition of saved is. Is it possible to save a webpage and view it without being connected to the internet ?

Patrick Y.
12-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Hey patrick !! The problem occurs while saving ASP webpages..for normal webpage it goes ok..but hey it is also done by SPB PIE plug-in.

The biggest drawback of all plug-ins is that no-one offers to store "webpage with images". I went in for netfront..even it can't save pages with images :(

Sunny

I believe that I was able to save the webpage with images several times with some program. Though, I can't remember how off top of my head.

pocketpcadmirer
12-12-2005, 10:50 AM

Sunny

I believe that I was able to save the webpage with images several times with some program. Though, I can't remember how off top of my head.

Plz do PM me if you the name comes to ur mind

Sunny :mrgreen:

Menneisyys
12-12-2005, 12:35 PM

Sunny

MultiIE. See http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/index.php?action=expand,42026

Patrick Y.
12-13-2005, 12:40 AM
That's it !!! ( I guess) :D