View Full Version : Wireless Router Setup Part II

Stephen Beesley
12-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Following on from all the very helpful comments in Wireless Router Setup Part I (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44299) I thought I had my Netgear MR814v2 Wireless router and d-link 502T ADSL2 modem/router happily talking together but...

I put the d-link into bridg mode connected up my netgear inputted some user info into the connection wizard and bobs your uncle - I was wireless. But then I turned off my desktop and went to bed. Next morning, even thought all the right lights were still showing up on my router and modem neither my desktop nor my Toshiba e750 would connect. They would both see the router but would not connect to it.

Many resets later still no luck. But if I leave the router turned off for a couple of hours (put the modem back into router mode and connect to the network through it) and then set up the wireless network again it all works - again until i turn off the computer for a hour or so.

Thinking this might be some sort of DHCP conflict between d-link and netgear I made sure that the DHCP server on the d-link was disabled but still the same problem - it is driving me made.

Anybody heard of anything like this?

Nurhisham Hussein
12-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Stephen, have you had a stab at upgrading the firmware yet?

Stephen Beesley
12-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Stephen, have you had a stab at upgrading the firmware yet?

First thing I did unfortunately.

I am going to give the whole thing one more go and try netgear support one last time and if it still does not work then I am just going to have to go back to a wired connection for now :(